Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 night stay in Marrakech in March... not sure where to start

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

4 night stay in Marrakech in March... not sure where to start

My wife and I are staying in Marrakech for 4 nights in mid-March 2016. The main attraction is the Jemaa el-Fnaa, but we'll be happy just walking around and eating at various places. We'll do a lot of impromptu exploring. From what I've read, the new part of the city isn't particularly interesting to tourists, so most of our time will be in the old city.

I've been looking through Tripadvisor and various other websites, and the price range between different hotels/riads is HUGE. Many sub-$100 riads, all the way up to $700 Royal Mansour. And then there's Airbnb, which can provide presumably a more authentic experience here. From looking at Marrakech on Google maps, it's not a particularly large city and everything seems pretty close together. I get the impression that location of the lodging won't be that different from one place to another in terms of accessibility. I just don't know if I should get something luxurious or simpler, an independent riad/B&B or a hotel chain (Le Meridien, Sofitel). I don't want to spend more than $200/night. Right night, Dar Charkia and Dar Hanane have caught my eye. Any other recommendations or ideas?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I had a wonderful stay at this riad about a 10 minute walk from Jemaa al Fnaa, probably one of my favorite anywhere. Wonderful hosts, delicious breakfasts, comfortable authentic lodgings. Private dinners can be arranged at the riad if you like. Prices are really pretty reasonable.

http://www.riadmurakush.com/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...uz_Region.html

You'll love Marrakech. Have a great time!

P.S. A mosque is very close, so you'll definitely hear the call to prayer clearly.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I had a wonderful stay at this riad about a 10 minute walk from Jemaa al Fnaa, probably one of my favorite anywhere. Wonderful hosts, delicious breakfasts, comfortable authentic lodgings. Private dinners can be arranged at the riad if you like. Prices are really pretty reasonable.

http://www.riadmurakush.com/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...uz_Region.html

You'll love Marrakech. Have a great time!

P.S. A mosque is very close, so you'll definitely hear the call to prayer clearly.
Wow, prices are less than $70 per night! I've never stayed at a place so cheap, so part of me wonders if there's a catch. I know Marrakech is cheap to stay at, so how can The Royal Mansour justify $600-700/night?

Anybody have experiences at the places I mentioned in my first post?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
No catch, it's really one of those fantastic places you happen upon every once in a while, and want to tell others about. Check out the TripAdvisor reviews.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:22 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
We stayed at Riad Clos des Artes in September. Wonderful location that's equidistant from both the Jemma El Fna and the nearest car park. Fantastic hosts, delicious food, lovely accommodations and terrific TripAdvisor reviews. Great rates, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.