Wiki Posts
Search

Gautrain card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Gautrain card

Hi,
We mistakenly overloaded our Gautrain cards and can't use up the amounts before we head back to the US. Anyone interested in purchasing these from us? There is still 295 in each and each card costs 14 so over 300 Rand per card. We have 3 cards. Selling for just $20 each. Please PM me if interestesd. Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
You can get reimbursed for the unused amounts at a Gautrain station. I have to do that with some that have expired and still have values on them.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Okay, it seems that things have changed.
I have about three cards that I want to cash in (basically they were bought at various intervals when airport collections did not pan out, and two have expired albeit with cash on them. They only last XX years).

I flew out on Monday, and having time on my hands, went to the kiosk at the airport and asked to cash them in - they wanted the receipts!!!!!

So, you cannot sell them back unless you have the original receipts. I will inquire at Sandton station Sunday when I get back - they told me that you complete a form and you are good to go, so I shall see.

I apologize for any confusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.