Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ebola Form on Arrival in SA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Ebola Form on Arrival in SA

Just a new one to be prepared for upon arrival in South Africa (presumably on an inbound international flight). We arrived from IAD (via Dakar).

New form, basically questions re: have you been to Ebola country or been exposed to Ebola and how do we contact you?
1) 1 per pax, not one per traveling group/family.
2) No distributed in advance on inbound flight to give you some time to fill it out.
3) Tiny sized form, impossible to write clearly on.
4) Nowhere for a full Airbus worth of folks to stand, lean, sit, etc. to write out the form while waiting in to enter immigration queue.
5) Collected not by immigration officer but some attendant before you enter the immigration queue who doesn't even look at the form.

Granted they've probably been doing this for some time (oh how I miss the thermal cam and the sleeping attendant) but just be prepared.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsnydcsa
Granted they've probably been doing this for some time (oh how I miss the thermal cam and the sleeping attendant) but just be prepared.
Yeah, they have.

Flying IST-JNB late February I was given a form of such amateurish design that it was almost touching. The questions were hilarious too, amongst others I was expected to somehow check whether I was suffering from internal bleeding.

There was indeed chaos just before immigrations, with people who had not been given any forms on the plane desperately looking for suitable surfaces to write on. Said forms were then collected by a bunch of girls in cheery t-shirts who never even glanced at them. What an exercise in futility.

The only change a few weeks later when I flew EBB-JNB was that the form now came in a professionally printed version.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.