Wiki Posts
Search

Mogadishu, Somalia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Mogadishu, Somalia

Has anyone been to Mogadishu recently? Was invited by a business partner, but don't have reliable info on saftey these days. Any insights are appreciated.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
May be helpful

http://travel.state.gov/content/pass...l-warning.html
Old Jan 17, 2015, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Unfortunately that's not a very reliable source. Any place on Uncle Sam's bad guy list has a warning.

But thanks for the effort ^
Old Jan 17, 2015, 7:12 am

I used to live in Mogadishu and managed the airport there till about a year ago. My employer still maintains one of the largest group of expat employees on the ground there.

Please drop me a PM and I'll be happy to assist with security intel and similar. What I can assist with beyond that depends on who your business partner is and whether any conflict of interest may exist.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:01 pm

My travels were long ago, on the ground (bicycle), solo,non-business and mostly outside the cities. I think my travels were not comparable, do I'll refrain from trying to offer specific help. I think you will be in far bettrr hands as a guest than I was. I was frequently confused, isolated, confounded and simply unablebto communicate much of anything, especially concepts (intangibles). All that said, I never felt on danger. I probably benefiitted from the fact that I was so obviously not a threat.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

DanielW has been there in the past month.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...mogadishu.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.