Wiki Posts
Search

Kenya Airways Rwanda

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Exclamation Kenya Airways Rwanda

Earlier this month my Kenya Airways flight from Kigali to Nairobi left 50 minutes early not through rescheduling but simply because the could. Check in was closed 90 minutes before scheduled departure and we were callled for boarding 20 minutes later. A regular occurrence according to one regular.

Don't cut it fine or you could miss the flight!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:55 am

Maybe everyone had already checked in by then and there was no point in hanging around. Happens sometimes and not just on KQ.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
There's checking in and there's checking in. KQ has OLCI so you can check in from home or hotel. That doesn't mean you are at the airport ready to go. But yes this sort of thing does happen with KQ and other airlines on regional flights. I've never seen it on a long haul jumbo flight leaving NBO though.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:32 pm

KQ knows whether all the passengers are present. When they are, they can go.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
While that may sound like very early in the mainstream airline world KGL isn't exactly a major airport and the route uses KQ ERJ-190 holding less than 100 people. Counting 100 people at a gate isn't exactly difficult.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
True there were not many passengers on the flight (perhaps 20-30) but what I do not know is whether they close check in regardless an hour and a half before departure or because everyone has checked in (I was told by someone it was the former but I can not confirm it)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.