Wiki Posts
Search

Warning about Air Seychelles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold Medallion
Warning about Air Seychelles

Travel warning. If you're planning a trip to the Seychelles, take Emirates or Qatar Airlines, but avoid Air Seychelles! After paying for my flight, they sent an e-mail (without a subject even) to inform me that they've completely changed their flight schedule (by two days). This would make me miss my international connection back home to the U.S. from Singapore. Now, they refuse to refund my credit card and are offering me a bank transfer! And to top it off, there's no form of compensation or assistance in any way. They have just left me high and dry. What a nightmare!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I don't understand, you say they are offering you a bank transfer, and then you say they are not offering compensation? Which is it?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
I don't understand, you say they are offering you a bank transfer, and then you say they are not offering compensation? Which is it?
I assume they are offering a refund of the ticket fare, which is not the same thing as compensation.

Johan
Old Feb 26, 2011, 4:33 am

With more exotic airlines, I'd prefer to book through any travel agent (expedia, orbitz etc will do) and not directly through the airline itself.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:40 am

Agreed. Avoid Air Seychelles at all costs. We had booked our Honeymoon over XMAS (Paris, Seychelles, and Mauritius). Air Seychelles randomly changed our departure date from Seychelles to Mauritius by 1 day a few months before we traveled. I was able to change the hotel reservations. When I was in the Seychelles, I checked my flight to check on the times. I noticed that they had changed the departure date from Mauritius by 2 days! This wouldn't work because we would miss our connecting flights etc. Air Seychelles didn't respond. I booked this reservation through Vayama which was equally problematic. The reservation was changed in Nov and Vayama never contacted me. After I contacted Vayama 2 days before our flight to Mauritius, they sent out a flight change notice and told me that they notified me. They offered to refund the money. Bottom line..avoid Air Seychelles. Secondly, if you are browsing flights through Vayama, book the flight through the airline if possible. Otherwise, Vayama might not alert you to itinerary changes. Waiting to get the refund. We will see if it includes a refund in the Vayama fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.