Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

New Executive Lounge "51st&Green" after US Pre-Clearance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS

Just announced
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:56 pm

Source?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:29 pm
soy

Programs: various
Its not an EI lounge, it will be a DAA lounge. They mentioned in an email today that outlined some of the upcoming improvements they are planning at the airport.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:09 pm
KJ5

Programs: Club Carlson Concierge, BA Silver, EI Elite
This would be good addition but wonder if EI card or J ticket will allow access. The existing DA lounge in T2 is really good. Wonder if buying voucher will allow access at other on same day?
Old May 7, 2015, 4:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Having just connected through DUB, while I would appreciate this, it also seemed that most of the passengers in the T2 DAA lounge were in any case connecting to the US. Based on when we were advised to proceed to US pre-clearance boarding for my flight started moments after I cleared; lounges both before and afterwards may not be necessary.

I concur that the DAA T2 lounge was in the upper half of non-affiliated lounges.
Old May 8, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
EI lounge is pretty much the same, we are told to basically ignore the USPC time on the boarding card and to head down when they call the flight in the lounge.

Last time around, I arrived at gate about a minute before boarding began, so perfect

So exactly the value a lounge will offer is a question, clearly if a delay happens after you enter USPC then the lounge would be nice.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Personally it will be good, would like to just go straight to lounge after clearing immigration and customs.

Then just walk on to plane 25 Minutes before take off :-)
Old May 27, 2015, 5:09 pm

how long does it take to go through pre-clearance? travelling in a couple of months and keen to know how much time I can realistically spend in the lounge!
Old May 28, 2015, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kmccallum13
how long does it take to go through pre-clearance? travelling in a couple of months and keen to know how much time I can realistically spend in the lounge!
between 10 and 30 minutes. But worth checking how manu US bound flights are departing to better gauge numbers
Old May 28, 2015, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by IRISHFLYER1
between 10 and 30 minutes. But worth checking how manu US bound flights are departing to better gauge numbers
great thanks, remember doing it years ago but that was before the ESTA came in to effect which I'm guessing has streamlined the whole process.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kmccallum13
great thanks, remember doing it years ago but that was before the ESTA came in to effect which I'm guessing has streamlined the whole process.
Last time I was there in April they also have new machines to auto check your passport and travel details.

Remember when you get to the airport you go through security. Then when you go to US Immigation and customs there is another security check
Old May 29, 2015, 5:18 am

When will this open?
Old May 29, 2015, 5:34 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by IRISHFLYER1
Unless there has been a radical change in recent months, I would allow 1hr at peak times in summer (10:30 - noon). I have never been through in 10mins. Best case 30mins (from arriving at pre-clearance to getting to the gate).
Old May 29, 2015, 2:48 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Last month when I went through it took all of 5 minutes.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:36 pm

When is the lounge open

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.