Wiki Posts
Search

Correct Miles ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aerclub
Correct Miles ?

Greetings All , I recently flew SNN/JFK outward in Business and had my bid accepted to upgrade to Business for the return leg. According to my boarding passes both flights were booked in J . I have received 900 miles/points in my account. Is this correct ?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by mumha abu; Mar 31, 2015 at 4:55 am Reason: Clarification
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: Aer Club Platinum, BAEC Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Flying Blue Gold
This is from the Aer Lingus website:

Gold Circle Points can be earned when travelling on any valid Aer Lingus or partner airline scheduled flight. Points have a three year life span and as a Gold Circle Club member you will also be able to earn Points with selected non-air partners.
Gold Circle Points are awarded as per the table below when travelling on any valid Aer Lingus scheduled flight in all booking classes apart from "W" "Z" "A", “U” and “T” class. Flights not qualifying for points do not appear on your statement. All “Plus” fares are eligible for Gold Circle points.
To identify your booking class before purchase click on 'Terms and Conditions' during the reservation process. You will then be presented with a window and the fare basis codes will be displayed at the bottom of the page. Your booked class is the first letter of the sequence. In the example below, 'K' is the outbound class and 'V' is the inbound class.
Fare Basis Codes:
KWOWLHR - EI158
VXOWLHR - EI165
To identify your booking class after purchase, please click here.
USA Bonus Points: In addition to the 1,000 base Points listed above, we will award an extra 200 Bonus Points when you travel in Business Class on USA* routes. Please note that Bonus Points do not count towards tier advancement.*Charter flights are not eligible for earning or redeeming Gold Circle points.

Gold Circle Club Points awarded on Aer Lingus flights
Region Business Class Economy Class
UK N/A 100
Europe N/A 150
USA 1000 300
Toronto 1000 300

USA Bonus Points

In addition to the 1,000 base Points listed above, we will award an extra 200 Bonus Points when you travel in Business Class on USA* routes and 350 Bonus Points when you travel in Business Class to/from SFO. Please note that Bonus Points do not count towards tier advancement.
*Charter flights are not eligible for earning or redeeming Gold Circle points.

There seems to be a discrepancy between this information and what was added to your account.

An email to [email protected] should help.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
What specifically does the statement from EI say for the flights? Is your EI GC number on the boarding cards?

I would imagine you could end up with only 0 points for the bid to upgrade, that said if you get operationally upgraded from Y to J you get the Y points.

1000 + 200 for the SNN - JFK in J though.

EI expire points at after 3 years, so possibly you got 1000+200+300 (1500) and 600 expired?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA
What specifically does the statement from EI say for the flights? Is your EI GC number on the boarding cards?

I would imagine you could end up with only 0 points for the bid to upgrade, that said if you get operationally upgraded from Y to J you get the Y points.

1000 + 200 for the SNN - JFK in J though.

EI expire points at after 3 years, so possibly you got 1000+200+300 (1500) and 600 expired?
Thanks for that, I only flew last month and have no previous miles/points with EI. Should I have received points for the JFK/SNN even if I had flown economy. My GC number is on both boarding cards.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Get on the email/phone asap https://www.aerlingus.com/goldcircle/contactgoldcircle/

Applicants don't get statements so you will need to chase them down

Please report back if you discover what the points behind a successful bid to upgrade are, would be helpful
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks ROKNA, I spoke to a very helpful Lady on the phone and she said that I was entitled to 1000 points for the outward journey but the bonus points would not be paid until I qualified for GC. They also gave me 300 points for JKF/SNN as no extra points are given for the successful bid for upgrade. Again many thanks to all who helped.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:13 am

Nice, looks about right and good to know bid to upgrade grants points at the economy rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.