Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus Longhaul Business Class Questions [e.g. MAN - MCO]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:58 am
Original Poster

We are flying Aer Lingus Business Class on the above route (via Dublin of course) for the first time on 1 December. Has anyone done this and can they offer any useful info or tips. We have previously done Delta Business Elite (via Atlanta) and Virgin Upper Class (direct)

All that I have read about Aer Lingus appears positive and I am really looking forward to the flight.

Many thanks in advance for any responses.

Gill
Old Nov 6, 2011, 7:33 am

Have done it from DUB - ORD. Can't say anything bad, very pleased with the service.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
MAN - DUB has no separate business cabin. Purely economy only on short-haul. However, it's such a short flight it's pretty much irrelevant. The long haul product is nice, however, and service is generally quite good.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
you will have access to the new gold circle lounge at Dub.Ask for directions to it when you get there.It's quite near U.S immigration at Dublin.
You will be using U.S immigration and customs at Dublin,most U.S bound flights do.
Unfortunately there can be lengthy queues but the upside is you then arrive at Orlando as a domestic pax;no queue there ,just straight to the baggae belt and out to to your taxi.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:18 am

USPC should not be that bad as there is less flights in winter and the MCO is one of the last few US flights and there should be no problems. The one before it goes ta 11.20 DL to JFK so any time after 10.45 you should have not problems clearing.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 1:25 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Did LHR - DUB - JFK return in September, & was really impressed.
When you get to Dublin, head straight for the lounge, do not be tempted to try & do USPC first, once you have done it you can not go back to the lounge.
You will be told when to head to USPC when you check in to the lounge.
When boarding, it's not always obvious that there is a separate line for business class, but there will be, so do not be shy about using it.
Mrs ABZ1C & myself, reserved seats 2A & C on the way out & 1A & C on the way back, row 1 was great coming back because you do get a little more leg room if you plan to sleep.
As for the service, we found it excellent, the food was as good as it can be on a plane & there was plenty of it, the crew on both legs were lovely & really chatty & friendly when they realised we were on holiday.
On your way back you are allowed to use the lounge at Dublin before your flight back to the UK, just show your Orlando - DUB boarding cards & let the lounge guardians know that your on the Manchester flight.
I used the shower facilities on the first floor to freshen up, you will probably need to ask them to unlock one of the rooms for you.
The room I had was spotless with an array of clean fluffy towels & other bits & pieces.
We were so impressed with the business class product that we have decided to book for Orlando next year.
Enjoy your flight.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 1:45 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by ABZ1C
When boarding, it's not always obvious that there is a separate line for business class, but there will be, so do not be shy about using it.
Since when is there a fast track at USPC? I have always been told that there are two lines only: non US citizens and US citizens
Old Nov 9, 2011, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Thr poster is speaking of priority Boarding, not USPC I think
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:51 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Since when is there a fast track at USPC? I have always been told that there are two lines only: non US citizens and US citizens
I was not talking about USPC, I was talking about boarding.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:17 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Got ya ^
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ABZ1C
On your way back you are allowed to use the lounge at Dublin before your flight back to the UK, just show your Orlando - DUB boarding cards & let the lounge guardians know that your on the Manchester flight.
Do you get lounge access at MAN by virtue of the onward flight in J or not?

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Hi - yes you have access to the Wilmslow Lounge. You just need to show your boarding card for the DUB - MCO portion of your flights. It is nice in there but not as nice as the Dublin Lounge. It was our first Aer Lingus Business Class flight last November and we didn't know what to expect but we were very pleased with everything. We are doing the same route next week - really looking forward to it - and have two further flights booked.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks - am actually doing BHX-DUB-JFK but the concept should be the same. Especially looking forward to the pre-clearance.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Swiss Tony, are u flying on the 10.45am flight EI105 or the later EI109? Just as a FYI, EI109 does not pre-clear as USCBP closes at about 3pm.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CallBell
Swiss Tony, are u flying on the 10.45am flight EI105 or the later EI109? Just as a FYI, EI109 does not pre-clear as USCBP closes at about 3pm.
For that very reason (and the fact I don't want to get to NY that late) I picked the early departure. Thanks for the reminder though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.