Wiki Posts
Search

Using Complimentary Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat Life, EI Concierge, BA Silver
Using Complimentary Upgrade

Previously EliteGC and had 4 comp upgrades which could be confirmed (on availability) on booking of flight.

Now Plat Aer Cluband tried to use my 1 comp u/g and told they cannot be confirmed and only wait-listed until 5-7 days before flight.

Asked about Concierge (as i should be there soon) and told that since it was a different dept. they couldn't advise if T&C were different.

Anyone else with experience of this? seem to get different info every time i call.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Wow, very different from what I had heard, that once a reward seat was available the upgrade could be confirmed.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: Gold Circle
I had the same situation was initially told inbound leg upgrade confirmed but nothing on outbound so would resubmit, then is was wait listed on the outbound and to call back. When I called back I was told both were wait listed!

Eventually after several calls and an email the flights were confirmed as upgraded but definitely not as easy as Gold Circle.

I think it must be because all the Reward Seats have been taken by BA/Avios Points and less for the Aer Club to be allocated - there is now a much larger pool hunting the seats and I think EI is better value than BA

That said, the Aer Club communication on the matter was poor to say the least.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: Gold Circle
Originally Posted by alancostello
Wow, very different from what I had heard, that once a reward seat was available the upgrade could be confirmed.
Probably if a flight is visible on the Avios booking in Business then you will be able to get it via Aer Club too.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by keatm1
Previously EliteGC and had 4 comp upgrades which could be confirmed (on availability) on booking of flight.

Now Plat Aer Cluband tried to use my 1 comp u/g and told they cannot be confirmed and only wait-listed until 5-7 days before flight.

Asked about Concierge (as i should be there soon) and told that since it was a different dept. they couldn't advise if T&C were different.

Anyone else with experience of this? seem to get different info every time i call.
I have used 4 upgrades since the switch to AC.

All 4 needed a request (presumably to revenue management) to confirm the upgrade.

2 of the 4 came back as confirmed within a couple of days, both for flights approx 6 weeks in the future.

The other 2 only cleared a couple of days prior to departure - I suspect only after the "bid for upgrades" had been processed.

Usually the waitlist status is visible under view my trips - you will see what looks like a double booking for the waitlisted leg.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Does anyone know if you can use the business class upgrades with the concierge companion ticket.

I'm planning a trip to the states next year (not really picky where or when), and I was hoping I could book a single economy flight, then use the companion ticket plus 4 upgrades to get 2 business class returns.

Finally, does your business upgrade that you receive at Platinum roll over into Concierge (ie giving you 5 in total)?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by EIFREZY
Does anyone know if you can use the business class upgrades with the concierge companion ticket.

I'm planning a trip to the states next year (not really picky where or when), and I was hoping I could book a single economy flight, then use the companion ticket plus 4 upgrades to get 2 business class returns.

Finally, does your business upgrade that you receive at Platinum roll over into Concierge (ie giving you 5 in total)?
NO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.