Wiki Posts
Search

DUB MIA SJU Connections

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:03 am
Original Poster

DUB MIA SJU Connections

Hi all
I'm looking at taking a trip to San Juan via Miami , and flying from Dublin.
I was looking at the new Aer Lingus route which starts in September.
Being that this flight will have CBP pre-clearance I understand that it will be viewed as a 'domestic' flight.
Would anyone care to hazard a guess as which terminal I could expect to arrive at?
The current suggestion from Aer Lingus is to connect to to the last AA flight of the day to SJU but it only allows 2hr 7min connection time and I don't know if this is going to be enough.
Opinions appreciated.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
2 hours 7 should be loads regardless of terminal, assuming you are on a single ticket (EI-AA will require a TA or OTA can't be booked online with EI, EI might sell it over the phone)

You will arrive domestic, no customs, no paperwork and bags through checked so no need to collect in MIA and depending on terminal layout you may be able to proceed to next flight without passing a security checkpoint depending on the terminal you arrive and depart from

So need for EI to confirm the arrival terminal
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Hopefully EI will use Terminal E like BA and Iberia. Terminal E is connected airside to Terminal D (used by most AA flights, although they do have a few flights from E too) so wouldn't require going back through security to connect.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:05 am

2 hours should be fine if it's one ticket. I usually have 2 hours to connect from T5 to T1 at ORD for an EI to UA connection and normally have enough time to get a coffee in the United Club before boarding the connection.

Because of the​​​ domestic arrival, you're from the plane to outside in less than 5 minutes. I'd imagine the same will be true at MIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.