Wiki Posts
Search

Tier points reset

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:15 am
obr
Original Poster

Tier points reset

Is it just me or did anybody else's tier points reset to 0?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
If the expiry date on your card reads Feb 18 then your tier points would reset to 0 on March 1st 17 as only the 12 months counts.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Aer Lingus calls them "Tier Credits", so as not to confuse everyone with BA's "Tier Points".

Your "Tier Credits" will expire at the end of your membership year.

Though, if like me, you have no status and therefore no card [other than the virtual Green card with no expiry date given] - there is no way of knowing when your year expires.

If you have a Tier Credits balance of zero, you can assume that your new membership year has recently started.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Aer Lingus calls them "Tier Credits", so as not to confuse everyone with BA's "Tier Points".

Though, if like me, you have no status and therefore no card [other than the virtual Green card with no expiry date given] - there is no way of knowing when your year expires.

If you have a Tier Credits balance of zero, you can assume that your new membership year has recently started.
Surely you can go by 'Green Tier Start Date' to the right of the virtual card?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28

As a Green member your tier credits will expire every 12 months from your anniversary date/joining date
Old Mar 2, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: AerClub
Silver member - had 100 points built up in Jan/Feb.

All dissappeared in last 2/3 days.

Membership year is to 31 March 2018.

EI's incompetence seemingly knows no bounds
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alancostello
Surely you can go by 'Green Tier Start Date' to the right of the virtual card?
The "Green Tier Start Date" refers to the launch date of Aer Club - NOT to the anniversary of my membership year.

I think we established in the other thread that everyone has a "start date" of 21 November 2016 - but that that doesn't mean that everyone's membership year started anew on that date.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Drums
As a Green member your tier credits will expire every 12 months from your anniversary date/joining date
And that's my point - as a Green member, my account doesn't show my anniversary date/joining date - just the launch date of Aer Club.

Or do you mean that EVERYONE that was ported over from Gold Circle now has a membership year that starts on 21 November 2016? (But see the quote below - status pax apparently don't...)

Or is it just all Greens? Do all Greens start with a brand new year from 21 November last?

Originally Posted by Bojack Horseman

Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Mar 2, 2017 at 5:19 am
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by obr
Is it just me or did anybody else's tier points reset to 0?
What is your Tier level and you membership year end date?

My year ends May 31st- Tier credits earned since the transition still showing on my account as of today.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:03 am

A neighbour of mine actually has downloaded the App and she has Green with membership year end Feb 2018.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Bojack Horseman

What incompetence??

Aer Lingus actually gave you an extra 4 months as a Silver member!!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
App Tier Credit renewal target?

For what it's worth the refreshed AerLingus app quotes the following for my account:

"You need 701 Tier Credits by 31-05-18 to remain in this tier" - I am concierge and have collected 350 Tier Credits since the changeover.

This would imply that I should not expect to see my Tier Credits drop to zero at the end of May this year.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AerClub
Can I use Avios points to acquire tier points?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlanBass
Can I use Avios points to acquire tier points?
No; and this appears to betray a basic lack of understanding of frequent flyer programmes.

You can only obtain Tier Credits by paying cash for Aer Lingus flights, and then by actually flying those tickets. Even if you pay for a ticket that you never used, and can't get any money back, you won't get any Avios or Tier Credits for it. If you earn Avios on any non-airline partner, or on any airline partner other than Aer Lingus themselves, you won't get any Tier Credits.

Tier Credits are only earned by flying tickets you paid cash for on Aer Lingus flights only, according to the Tier Credit Earning tables.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELLAS
A neighbour of mine actually has downloaded the App and she has Green with membership year end Feb 2018.
I updated the Aer Lingus app (on an Android device, maybe it's different on ios) but it shows no membership year end date for me, as a Green....only the Green Tier start date as shown above from the desktop website...

if for any reason I was to decide to go for status on Aer Lingus, I have absolutely no idea on what "year" they are measuring me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.