Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Business-Class Lie-Flat-Seats from 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Aer Lingus New A330 and B757 Transatlantic Business Class

Thompson Aero Seating (Portadown) seating
Launched March 15, 2015; installed in all EI A330 aircraft.
  • Seats convert to two metre lie flat beds
  • 90% direct aisle access
  • Touchscreen seat controls
  • In-seat massage function
  • Personal AC and USB charging points
  • IFE 16 inch flat screen monitors with AVOD (from Inflight Dublin)
  • Storage space for shoes or laptop, tablet, water bottle
  • Personal reading LED spot lamp
  • On demand food and beverage service
  • Courtesy WiFi
Link to TheSeatMaps EI A330 seating guide

Link to Factorydesign publicity video / guide on YouTube (Video embedding seemingly not available in wikis)

Window seating (Factory Design)

Window and centre section (BoardingArea)

B757 roll out has commenced with EI-LBT and is expected to be completed by May 2016.
Print Wikipost

Business-Class Lie-Flat-Seats from 2015

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Wouldn't worry about your age. The important thing is behaving in a manner befitting the privilege that is travel, much more the privilege that is premium travel. I've travelled in Premium cabins since about your age, and seen a number of people about my own age, it's not as uncommon as you might think.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy the EI Business class experience. It's my favourite, even before the new seats.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Wouldn't worry about your age. The important thing is behaving in a manner befitting the privilege that is travel, much more the privilege that is premium travel. I've travelled in Premium cabins since about your age, and seen a number of people about my own age, it's not as uncommon as you might think.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy the EI Business class experience. It's my favourite, even before the new seats.
Thank you. I think i'll treat it like a normal flight but perhaps ware a blazer and brand shoes.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:03 pm

So True

Originally Posted by HelloItsMe
One of the beautiful things you will learn as you grow older is that people are likely not paying as much attention to you as you once thought they do.
It's really one of the glories of ageing!
No truer words, really. If the passenger was 1.9 and fussy, people might notice, but not 19.

Last edited by DonSFO; May 29, 2015 at 1:59 pm
Old May 29, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Owenc
Also slightly nervous as I am going to be 19 then and not sure how cabin crew and other passengers will react..
If people don't like you, they really are not going to like my 1 year old and my 4 year old in July. I don't care what people think, though. I paid my fare and my children are well behaved. I expect to be treated the same as the business traveler next me.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by rcurry01
If people don't like you, they really are not going to like my 1 year old and my 4 year old in July. I don't care what people think, though. I paid my fare and my children are well behaved. I expect to be treated the same as the business traveler next me.
I know what your saying but some people do not like to see children or any young person who is in business. I suppose they think its expensive so it should be enjoyed with not disturbance! Following everyone's advice I think i'll just treat it like any other experience in economy as they have experiences with it.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
I know what your saying but some people do not like to see children or any young person who is in business. I suppose they think its expensive so it should be enjoyed with not disturbance! Following everyone's advice I think i'll just treat it like any other experience in economy as they have experiences with it.
I think you have an underlying assumption that young people equal a disturbance. While some young people might be a disturbance, that is no more universal than any other race or gender based stereotype.

Last edited by rcurry01; May 29, 2015 at 2:18 pm
Old May 29, 2015, 9:14 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by rcurry01
I think you have an underlying assumption that young people equal a disturbance. While some young people might be a disturbance, that is no more universal than any other race or gender based stereotype.
agreed, age is irrelevant - it is all about how you behave, whether 2 or 92yrs

PS. OWENC, forget the blazer, just wear normal clothes and enjoy the trip
Old May 30, 2015, 4:34 am

Whats wrong with a blazer!?!?
Old May 30, 2015, 4:51 am

Whats wrong with a blazer!?!?
Soy didn't say there was anything wrong with a blazer! You implied that it wouldn't be your normal choice of clothes. Soy is simply saying to wear whatever you want - you won't be treated differently either way
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Test: Aer Lingus new transatlantic Business class (Factorydesign)

Nice product overview from Factorydesign. Tried embedding in wiki, but video embedding apparently is not available in wiki posts.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
We were on the EI 138 BOS-DUB end of May and were lamenting the short duration of the flight. Wanted a little longer to enjoy the lie-flat seats. Well, half way across the Atlantic we had a medical emergency on-board and returned to Newfoundland. A sub 6 hour flight turned into a 12 hour haul. We were very happy with the seats! Also great service, meals and drink. The baggage fiasco which followed in DUB...that's another story....
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:49 am

Excellent thread everyone, am planning on flying GLA-DUB-JFK and going business class both ways over the Atlantic, the price and the pre-clearance at Dublin makes it the best choice for the trip :-)
Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:00 am

Deleted

Last edited by kmccallum13; Aug 27, 2015 at 5:19 pm
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL (NW) Silver, UA (CO), AA, AC
Don't click on the above link.

I don't expect kmccallum13 knew this but it is now is linked / infected with fake Windows maintenance software cons.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by DBruce49
Don't click on the above link.

I don't expect kmccallum13 knew this but it is now is linked / infected with fake Windows maintenance software cons.
I didn't! I'll delete it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.