Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Possible to book *A reward flight in Aegean website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

I have an experience to redeem Aegean Miles via phone call about 2 years ago. At that time, I don't believe that Aegean Airlnies had a good system to redeem miles in website.

Today, I saw that there is much better system in website and seems to me that I'm eligible to book a reward flight through an Aegean website rather than call to customer service.

I didn't try to click 'Next' which seems to me that it possibly confirm my request which I'm not intend to at this moment. Is that still a reward booking request function only? Or actually I can book a reward flight in the website?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by hw807
Hi all,

I have an experience to redeem Aegean Miles via phone call about 2 years ago. At that time, I don't believe that Aegean Airlnies had a good system to redeem miles in website.

Today, I saw that there is much better system in website and seems to me that I'm eligible to book a reward flight through an Aegean website rather than call to customer service.

I didn't try to click 'Next' which seems to me that it possibly confirm my request which I'm not intend to at this moment. Is that still a reward booking request function only? Or actually I can book a reward flight in the website?
You can book an award with A3/OA directly through the website. It works exactly the same as when you make a normal booking.

If you are trying to book a *A award then hitting 'Next' will just submit the request and it says an agent will call you. In my experience (I was just curious, not trting to make a booking) I did this and nothing happened. Nobody contacted me. So you still need to just call them for availability to make a *A booking.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
You can book an award with A3/OA directly through the website. It works exactly the same as when you make a normal booking.

If you are trying to book a *A award then hitting 'Next' will just submit the request and it says an agent will call you. In my experience (I was just curious, not trting to make a booking) I did this and nothing happened. Nobody contacted me. So you still need to just call them for availability to make a *A booking.
Same. I tried using the *A award request once and never did I get a response from them.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by bart simpson
Same. I tried using the *A award request once and never did I get a response from them.
In the mean time, this has become much more reliable: if you submit the request, a customer service agent will call you at your registered phone number during one of the following working days. However, it does not make any difference towards the booking fee of 20 EUR per award ticket whether you submit the request online or contact the call centre directly.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

@Knobbgb, @bart simpson, @CesarFrancq,

Thanks for your reply which is very useful to understand that still call to CS is the reliable way to book a *A flight using A3 miles. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.