Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Aegean award seats availability different than aeroplan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Recently I was on lufthansa flight from del-fra, fra-sea. I was able to upgrade my permium economy seat to business using aeroplan

I tried using 30k Aegean miles and bonus miles that I had and it wouldn't even show me availability on Aegean website, even spoke with agent confirmed this. With aeroplan I was able to upgrade first fight then next separately

Why would upgrade availability be different on Aegean to aeroplan.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by hotpopcorn
I tried using 30k Aegean miles and bonus miles that I had and it wouldn't even show me availability on Aegean website, even spoke with agent confirmed this.
The A3 website does NOT show any award availability of *A partner airlines.

You have to call A3 to make such reservations!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
The A3 website does NOT show any award availability of *A partner airlines.

You have to call A3 to make such reservations!
i called A3 and they directed me to book via A3 website. its quite similar to aeroplan upgrade link.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:57 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
A3 doesn't have any ability to upgrade from PE to Business - only Economy in the highest fare buckets. This is pretty widespread across most FFPs.

Aeroplan may well have this ability on LH flights because of the close co-operation between AC and LH - although Aeroplan is a separate company, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that that the ability to upgrade was made part of the JVA.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Pe is economy. It doesn't matter pe or economy. As long as it's upgradable fare class. It's same as aeroplan. They don't have pe on the site, I chose e and got the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.