Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live chat coming soon on A3 website

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Live chat coming soon on A3 website

Just spoke to an A3 agent about a cancellation ticket. She told me that there will be a new live chat option soon on the A3 website. I also mention to her about FT, hopefully there will be A3 agents that can answer some of our questions. ^
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:07 am

Well, if you asked what me what the next IT improvement should be on A3' side, I would have also insisted that a live chat is what we absolutely and very urgently need!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Having used this feature quite a few times with both Finnair and SAS, I've always found it quite useful. If Aegean is going to add this to their website then I certainly think it's a good thing. ^
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Well, if you asked what me what the next IT improvement should be on A3' side, I would have also insisted that a live chat is what we absolutely and very urgently need!
I have used live chat for quick questions I do not want to have to call and wait for long times on hold to get an answer for. I find it quite a handy option.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:59 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
It depends very much on how it will be implemented.

If through a service like facebook (or similar messaging app), where you can drop your message and get a reply 15-60 minutes later that would be perfect. That would also automatically offer support for mobile usage while on the go.

What I do not like is an application where they try to respond instantly - which often does not work in case you need them the most (eg irrops with a swamped callcenter). Additionally with such system there is often no proper queuing, and if you lose connection while on the go, your question is rerouted to the bin instead.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios

If through a service like facebook (or similar messaging app), where you can drop your message and get a reply 15-60 minutes later that would be perfect. That would also automatically offer support for mobile usage while on the go.
Email comes to mind. There is no technical reason they couldn't answer emails within the hour. We don't need to involve some messaging provider.

Last edited by sokolov; Apr 3, 2017 at 7:44 pm
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Xandrios

What I do not like is an application where they try to respond instantly - which often does not work in case you need them the most (eg irrops with a swamped callcenter). Additionally with such system there is often no proper queuing, and if you lose connection while on the go, your question is rerouted to the bin instead.
agree!

To have another airline in mind, I like the pro-activeness of KLM in answering quickly to Facebook messages amongst others.

Don't like anything else about the airline a single bit (be it aloofness of cabin crew, high prices or the most disgusting lounge ever), but they got that one absolutely right

No idea if an A3 chat will be similar (the added bonus of a public FB message is potential bad PR, why they are probably fast in replying in the first place), but I can see it working.

I really don't understand for example why it takes A3 weeks to answer an email! (I do like their call centre staff though, above average in general conpared to other airlines!)
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
But will their chatbot know any of our answers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.