Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Impress by Aegean CS - Congrats [Damaged luggage compensation claim]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impress by Aegean CS - Congrats [Damaged luggage compensation claim]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2016, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Thumbs up Impress by Aegean CS - Congrats [Damaged luggage compensation claim]

I often complain and for reasons as most of the airlines CS are really bad.
BUT i wanted to share with you and congratulate Aegean for the amazing experience they delivered last month.

One of my Rimowa case as been totally broken on one of their flight. I wrote the CS an email (including the receipt + case file from airport) and in less than 10 days they have send money to my bank account with a really small depreciation (2 years old luggage).

Congrats for such an amazing experience (even if the broken luggage replacement was a pain to manage on a one month trip with tons of connections in countries without Rimowa distributors), Aegean you impressed me!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Glad to hear this. I just submitted a claim to them for a damaged bag and hope that I have a similar experience. As it turned out, the bag was delayed/lost and Aviator could/would not help. A call to Aegean sorted it out within the hour, but unfortunately the bad was beat up pretty good when delivered. However, the CS was great and they found the bag quicker than I could have hoped.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Originally Posted by frenchft
BUT i wanted to share with you and congratulate Aegean for the amazing experience they delivered last month.

One of my Rimowa case as been totally broken on one of their flight. I wrote the CS an email (including the receipt + case file from airport) and in less than 10 days they have send money to my bank account with a really small depreciation (2 years old luggage).

Congrats for such an amazing experience (even if the broken luggage replacement was a pain to manage on a one month trip with tons of connections in countries without Rimowa distributors), Aegean you impressed me!
My luggage was once damaged when flying Swiss. They actually replaced it with a brand new, identical one (admittedly, it was very cheap).

I can understand why A3 deducted depreciation, but at the same time, if you want to buy the same suitcase again, you have no choice but to pay for the difference out of pocket, even though it's the airline that's responsible.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by blackball
My luggage was once damaged when flying Swiss. They actually replaced it with a brand new, identical one (admittedly, it was very cheap).

I can understand why A3 deducted depreciation, but at the same time, if you want to buy the same suitcase again, you have no choice but to pay for the difference out of pocket, even though it's the airline that's responsible.
Well, it was a 2 years old 400 euros luggage and they sent 320 (they apply 10% minus for every year since the date of purchase), which is really great regarding the standards in the industry. To be honest i was impressed by how fast they did it and how well they compensate. Even if you have to add money to get the same luggage, i can understand their point of view about the

Few years ago LH broke up a 3 years old 600 euros luggage and they proposed me a new one with their "partner" but i had to add something like 350 euros to get the same. Was not that nice, but no choice, it's the way they work.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Well, it was a 2 years old 400 euros luggage and they sent 320 (they apply 10% minus for every year since the date of purchase), which is really great regarding the standards in the industry. To be honest i was impressed by how fast they did it and how well they compensate. Even if you have to add money to get the same luggage, i can understand their point of view about the

Few years ago LH broke up a 3 years old 600 euros luggage and they proposed me a new one with their "partner" but i had to add something like 350 euros to get the same. Was not that nice, but no choice, it's the way they work.
I understand their perspective too. It could be that mine was dirt cheap, Swiss didn't mind replacing it altogether. Had it been a Rimowa, they might've done what A3 did.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:09 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by livious
Glad to hear this. I just submitted a claim to them for a damaged bag and hope that I have a similar experience. As it turned out, the bag was delayed/lost and Aviator could/would not help. A call to Aegean sorted it out within the hour, but unfortunately the bad was beat up pretty good when delivered. However, the CS was great and they found the bag quicker than I could have hoped.
Just wanted to follow up with my experience. It took CS 14 days get back to me after I used the web form. After an email or two back and forth, CS has agreed to transfer an acceptable amount of money to my bank account. I am satisfied with the experience and, like the OP, am impressed with Aegean's CS.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Somehow worse experience with Aegean, completely smashed my Rimowa, need to drive 65 km to nearest Rimova shop to get it repaired, then 65 km home and then same to pick it up once done.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates

I also had a similar experience with a broken Tumi luggage. I was just a bit disappointed that they calculated the purchase price including a gutschein that I had used so in reality had minus 33 per cent. Luckily my insurance covered the difference.
frenchft likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:20 pm

If you're so unlucky as to have a Rimowa luggage broken by LOT (re-imbursed 80%) and then a Tomi broken by Aegean (reimbursed 67%), I'd suggest you start flying using the cheapest bags you can find: this will render your trips a bargain!
Dover2Golf, DUBBRU and DELLAS like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:24 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Just wondering, recently on a recent trip, A3 broke my Rimowa and now I've been informed that it cannot be repaired and I need to get a new one- I've got no idea how they were handling it, twisted the retractable handle and smashed a side of polycarbonate that it got out of shape. How do I handle this with A3? Just purchase a new bag and send them the receipt or do I have to go through the process to get a written statement, etc ?

Cheers!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:31 am

The'll need, in addition to your statement, at least a copy of the repairman's "diagnosis" along with a photograph as well as a copy of your original claim. If you haven't filed one right after landing, or at the latest the next day immediately after finding out that the bag was broken, your chances are exactly 0%.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: A3*G
They told me then, that I needed proof within an hour after landing. Luckily I had spoken to a responsible person waiting at the belt. I asked CS about the procedure. Once I sent in the confirmation of that person, they asked me to sent them the bill for repair. They paid and everything was fine.

So:
- Talk to CS, explain the situation
- Wait for their confirmation
- Have a repairman confirm that repair is impossible
- Talk to CS again
- They'll probably won't pay the whole amount of the new bag.

Last edited by Arrivals; May 30, 2019 at 4:37 am
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:24 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Arrivals
They told me then, that I needed proof within an hour after landing. Luckily I had spoken to a responsible person waiting at the belt. I asked CS about the procedure. Once I sent in the confirmation of that person, they asked me to sent them the bill for repair. They paid and everything was fine.

So:
- Talk to CS, explain the situation
- Wait for their confirmation
- Have a repairmen confirm that repair is impossible
- Talk to CS again
- They'll probably won't pay the whole amount of the new bag.
Thanks for the information. Well, I already made the report upon collection at the airport and already emailed them. I asked because in their response they requested for the receipts but there was nothing about the situation when the bag cannot be repaired. Therefore I thought asking here would be faster (which is).
Will have to now go back to see how I can get the statement.

Cheers!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:40 am

When they damaged mine I filed a report at the airport. Took a photo and got a receipt for the repair. I emailed them the lot and my bank details. Refund was in my account in 72 hours which was a surprise.
You may need to get a report stating its totally beyond repair and then a receipt showing the purchase of a new one. As others have said they may limit what they will pay so best to email them and get it in writing what they are willing to cover.
Old May 30, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: A3*G
My luggage was damaged yesterday at an OA flight to ATH. I filed a report at the airport and emailed A3/OA's CS straight away. They replied today saying they're sorry and asked permission to forward my claim to their partner, Asse, who takes care of such matters. Anyone had an experience with Asse before?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.