Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many A3 golds?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: A3*G, HH Silver
Smile

Got 24+K as well (last flight on Nov'22). Got downgraded to Sliver and once miles are posted got back to Gold in just one day. Should earn 4+K towards next requalification tomorrow! ^
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
I'd say less than 7% dropped off. Trends on discussions on FT do not represent a true picture even though it may look like it. I heard the Greek based membership actually increased.
I was making a tongue in cheek guess Wouldn't surprise me whichever way it went, up or down
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
How many A3 Golds? My answer is still far too many. It would be good for those who fly frequently if the requalification threshold was increased to 20,000 miles plus 4 A3 flights. How should it be right to retain *G with, for example, a single E+ return LH flight from TXL to MIA and four cheap A3 flights? Benefits should be targeted at real frequent flyers.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by johnirvine
How many A3 Golds? My answer is still far too many. It would be good for those who fly frequently if the requalification threshold was increased to 20,000 miles plus 4 A3 flights. How should it be right to retain *G with, for example, a single E+ return LH flight from TXL to MIA and four cheap A3 flights? Benefits should be targeted at real frequent flyers.
I agree, but I think it should be target more towards frequent fliers who actually fly AEGEAN regularly! I'd like to see a minimum sector requirement for ANY number of miles and the lower mileage requiring more sectors than now. Also, how about a sector only based requirement? I would suggest something like this:

24,000 miles with at least ONE A3/OA sector
12,000 miles with EIGHT A3/OA sectors
30 A3/OA sectors regardless of the number of miles

This would bias the program much more towards Greek based pax. which is what they seem to want to do anyway. I don't fully undertsand what the value to M&B is of the members who never fly the airline. Is it just so they can boast about having a large FFP or do they actually make money from them somehow?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:49 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I agree, but I think it should be target more towards frequent fliers who actually fly AEGEAN regularly! I'd like to see a minimum sector requirement for ANY number of miles and the lower mileage requiring more sectors than now. Also, how about a sector only based requirement? I would suggest something like this:

24,000 miles with at least ONE A3/OA sector
12,000 miles with EIGHT A3/OA sectors
30 A3/OA sectors regardless of the number of miles

This would bias the program much more towards Greek based pax. which is what they seem to want to do anyway. I don't fully undertsand what the value to M&B is of the members who never fly the airline. Is it just so they can boast about having a large FFP or do they actually make money from them somehow?
Agree... or create a black status for 60K+ miles. "kind of " M&S elite plus / M&M senator
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
do they actually make money from them somehow?
This has been mentioned on FT several times, though I do not think there has ever been any official confirmation.

The operating airline pays the FFP for miles credited. Conversely, the FFP pays the operating airline when the lounge is accessed on a Y ticket, or when an award/upgrade is redeemed.

Presumably the current balance is one which A3 believes will work out in their favor, or at least break even?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by elladan
Conversely, the FFP pays the operating airline when the lounge is accessed on a Y ticket, or when an award/upgrade is redeemed.
Do we have any proof of this? An average European flight has 1-2 sectors (so 1-2 lounge visits) and will earn about 1000 miles. Lounge access is expensive, say 10 euro per visit, so 20 euro total.

In other words, the airline will receive compensation for 1000 miles, which we know to value less than 2 cents each. So their total income is less than the 20 euro they have to pay for lounge access. Sounds to me like an impossible model - especially because they still have to pay for award flights when the member redeems the miles.

It would make much more sense if the operating airline pays for both the miles and the lounge access. They are the ones getting the big bucks for the flight coupons, and would therefore be financially able to pay for lounge access.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Doesn't make sense to me as well
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by elladan
Conversely, the FFP pays the operating airline when the lounge is accessed on a Y ticket
I was under the impression it's the operating carrier paying for the alliance wide perks like fasttracks, additional luggage, lounge access. Otherwise it would be very hard to settle the bills between carriers. And FPPs with significant alliance-wide benefits would be really, really targeted if they brought not much more then liability (miles) and cost (lounges, luggage, etc).
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Just talked today and earlier this week with 2 reps from Aegean and both told me :
- The number of gold from greece will be very low.
- International gold : less than before but not in the same proportion as local gold / US gold : few.

They both mentioned they have a lot of complaints from the local gold regarding how the program has evolved and that it's "almost impossible" now to stay or become gold if you fly only domestic in Y. As i understood we talk about more than 60% less gold in Greece and 40% abroad. They mentioned that (i was thinking it was the opposite) most of the gold where greek travelling domestic (including those coming from Cyprus airways and olympic)

Right now we don't feel it, because people still have status till end of the year y even if they didn't renew (was surprised, but this happens with hotels too).

Conclusion : the gold stuff with A3 is finish, back to normal (even if IMHO this program should be at least 40 000 miles for gold or 30 000+4 segments). It's still super cheap gold (i renew already next week). As i understood the strategy was set up years ago and they are very happy with the results.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by frenchft
Just talked today and earlier this week with 2 reps from Aegean and both told me :
- The number of gold from greece will be very low.
- International gold : less than before but not in the same proportion as local gold / US gold : few.

They both mentioned they have a lot of complaints from the local gold regarding how the program has evolved and that it's "almost impossible" now to stay or become gold if you fly only domestic in Y. As i understood we talk about more than 60% less gold in Greece and 40% abroad. They mentioned that (i was thinking it was the opposite) most of the gold where greek travelling domestic (including those coming from Cyprus airways and olympic)

Right now we don't feel it, because people still have status till end of the year y even if they didn't renew (was surprised, but this happens with hotels too).

Conclusion : the gold stuff with A3 is finish, back to normal (even if IMHO this program should be at least 40 000 miles for gold or 30 000+4 segments). It's still super cheap gold (i renew already next week). As i understood the strategy was set up years ago and they are very happy with the results.
I am surprise that they share this with you, I thought they would keep the data internally. I am happy with the change, 12k + 4 A3/OA flight for gold renewal is not bad at all.^

gold stuff? Did you mean the "Lifetime" *A Gold?
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Jma12
I am surprise that they share this with you, I thought they would keep the data internally. I am happy with the change, 12k + 4 A3/OA flight for gold renewal is not bad at all.^

gold stuff? Did you mean the "Lifetime" *A Gold?
I'm not sure where that information came from but A3 still has a sizeable amount of Golds who are Greek based and increasing. Whilst those that did just Domestics lost out the opposite can be said for those who fly outside. On my flights over and back to IST the last few days and on my LHR-ATH flights there were plenty of Greek Golds who had their tags on display.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
I'm not sure where that information came from but A3 still has a sizeable amount of Golds who are Greek based and increasing. Whilst those that did just Domestics lost out the opposite can be said for those who fly outside. On my flights over and back to IST the last few days and on my LHR-ATH flights there were plenty of Greek Golds who had their tags on display.
That's how it is with large numbers - losing 60% of anything large is still large compared to something small being reduced 40%.

As for the Greek golds and your experience - that's exactly what one would expect - those who fly often get golds, and those are the ones you can meet most often while up there. No surprise here ;-)
Old Dec 5, 2015, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by jackebofh
That's how it is with large numbers - losing 60% of anything large is still large compared to something small being reduced 40%.

As for the Greek golds and your experience - that's exactly what one would expect - those who fly often get golds, and those are the ones you can meet most often while up there. No surprise here ;-)
Except the figures are not correct
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:20 am

As you can imagine they are not official or even validated etc data. They are data from people in contact with pax and who shared their feelings regarding the informations they get from the pax they know or meet in their everyday job.

The figures are maybe not correct (and only A3 management / marketing team) knows them but what is sure is that the greek pax complain like crazy. Scandals on the phone and lounge everyday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.