Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Crunch Time - account rollover for 2016/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond

Hello all, just a friendly reminder that today is the last day to get your tier miles for next year *G in A3. I hope you all have achieve that already. Unfortunately, I will be downgrading to Silver tomorrow. I hope to maintain at least Silver next year.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by Jma12
Hello all, just a friendly reminder that today is the last day to get your tier miles for next year *G in A3. I hope you all have achieve that already. Unfortunately, I will be downgrading to Silver tomorrow. I hope to maintain at least Silver next year.
We are all with you in this sad time. Deepest consolations.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
It's okay

Originally Posted by benberg2013
We are all with you in this sad time. Deepest consolations.
Silver is not that bad, I still get 2 upgrades and 4 lounge coupons with A3. Renewing it should be easy, only 8000 miles with 2 A3/OA flights. ^
Old Nov 23, 2015, 8:24 pm

Ahh, can't wait to get back on a 24000-mile-long treadmill starting tomorrow. Jma12, hope you manage to get back to Gold sometime soon!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Status downgrade

Checked my account today and noticed that my status has been downgrade. If I travel now and the BP will show *S, can I still have lounge *A access with the physical Gold card expiring in January?

For some strange reason I only need 19,500 miles with 4 A3/OA or 43,500 miles to upgrade to gold! It looks like the *A that I took before Nov 23rd got rolled over!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Jma12
I feel your pain. I'm in the exact same boat, after a year of little flying with *A due to a new job and no time/money due to relocation. Not only did my total mileage in general decrease by two thirds, a switch of flying mostly A3 and FR from CHQ/ATH, to be dependable on the horrors of SkyTeam and W6 from my new location made retaining gold impossible this year.

But you are absolutely right about the upsides. The coupons for silver are still a big plus, and with next year having more time and money I am sure I can easily hit back to gold when I finally have the flexibility to snatch the right deal when they come along. It was painful to have to sit out deals this year like flying SK to NRT for 250 euro and the subsequent miles it would have gotten me...
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer05
Ahh, can't wait to get back on a 24000-mile-long treadmill starting tomorrow. Jma12, hope you manage to get back to Gold sometime soon!
Thanks! I hope so too, it looks like I have until April 16 to get 19,500 miles with 4 A3/OA flights to get back to *G!

Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
I feel your pain. I'm in the exact same boat, after a year of little flying with *A due to a new job and no time/money due to relocation. Not only did my total mileage in general decrease by two thirds, a switch of flying mostly A3 and FR from CHQ/ATH, to be dependable on the horrors of SkyTeam and W6 from my new location made retaining gold impossible this year.

But you are absolutely right about the upsides. The coupons for silver are still a big plus, and with next year having more time and money I am sure I can easily hit back to gold when I finally have the flexibility to snatch the right deal when they come along. It was painful to have to sit out deals this year like flying SK to NRT for 250 euro and the subsequent miles it would have gotten me...
I see, I hope you status match with TK, so you can still have *A benefits, while crediting your flight to A3! Good luck with your new job!
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
So has anyone been downgraded yet?

My friend who has been downgraded from Gold to silver, his account now shows him as silver.

Isn't he supposed to stay gold until the end of the year?

and his account also shows six upgrade coupons, 4 as used and 2 as issued.

Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Well, it seems that my status extension has already gone through. The website now shows the 12000+4/24000+0 information and the "virtual" membership card has been extended into 2016.

However, while the previous virtual card showed an expiration date of something mid-January, the new one is now displaying 2016/11/24 as it's expiration date. I'm curious what they are going to print on the real card, as letting the card expire at the status expiration date doesn't make much sense to me, as they will probably only send out the new ones after this date.

As far as I am concerned, I still hold the legacy card (expiring 2015/12/31), and I'm not entirely sure they will manage to issue and ship the new card until then. To me, this is of particular concern as I'm frequently travelling via ZRH where they always want to see the card..
Old Nov 24, 2015, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by benberg2013
My friend who has been downgraded from Gold to silver, his account now shows him as silver.

Isn't he supposed to stay gold until the end of the year?
No. Status is valid only until the requalification date. If you don't requalify by that date, your status drops.

The status card issued remains valid for a covering period, given that no airline programme can instantly issue and send a new card to you that is valid from the very first day of your new membership year. This is a courtesy - you may continue to obtain the perks associated with that card until the expiry date of the card, but your status is tied to your membership year, not to the date of any card issued.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: A3*G
Would be nice to see some statistics as to how many golds were able hold their status and how many managed to upgrade from silver.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MrArkadin
Would be nice to see some statistics as to how many golds were able hold their status and how many managed to upgrade from silver.
Do you mean A3 to release figures? Or do you mean a FT count?

Either way I kept my gold.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Congratulations to those who kept gold!

I think A3 should be commended both for having a nice scheme and being a great little airline. I would never have flown them had it not been for their Miles&Bonus program but would now willingly connect in ATH for their friendly service and excellent FFP. Read this and weep Lufthansa.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
Talking earnt enough miles... still downgraded

I have flown and earned all the miles, last flights yesterday, but have still been downgraded.

Is anyone else in the same position? At any rate, I am sure that this is a tech glitch that will solve itself once the miles post, just a bit funny since I received some complimentary Silver coupons, and if they then upgrade me back to Gold maybe they will grant me the Gold coupons too
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:24 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Kataskopos
I have flown and earned all the miles, last flights yesterday, but have still been downgraded.

Is anyone else in the same position? At any rate, I am sure that this is a tech glitch that will solve itself once the miles post, just a bit funny since I received some complimentary Silver coupons, and if they then upgrade me back to Gold maybe they will grant me the Gold coupons too
You better use these two coupons asap then

I would expect the situation to either correct itself, or a call to their support line will.

Personally I was able to stay Gold, though suspect that next year will be more difficult. Some carriers that used to earn well last year have started earning less (or nothing) and Aegean now offering more direct flights is very comfortable...but it doesn't help with earning the miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.