Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Crunch Time - account rollover for 2016/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crunch Time - account rollover for 2016/17

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: Miles&More ; A3*G
Originally Posted by slowfly
Yep - same position here. Just got the downgrade email; here's hoping that when the miles post then Gold status will re-activate quickly.

Originally Posted by l380
Same here as well... My last two flights were on Thai on 20/11 and 23/11. I needed them in order to re-qualify but neither flights have been posted into the account yet...

When will you all call-in to manually fix this issue?
I retroclaimed Swiss miles on day 21st nov. On day 24th morning I received an Aegean email informing me that I was downgraded. 24 evening I saw my retroclaimed miles were posted into my account. On day 25, this morning, I received another email informing that "that your Gold card has been renewed for another year".

No need to call them. They seem efficient.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
got the email as well for renewed gold.

the plan is on for the mileage run for next year! luckily i got my first 9k by doing SYD-HND-SYD on NH that is 100% in A3 but weird enough it is just 50% for NH..

anyway will travel to GR to get the 4-sector done as well. so tough when you living down under.. lol
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
I have a nasty feeling I'm going to be downgraded. However there seems to be about a month extra on the card, from when I expect to be downgraded. Can anyone tell me can I still use the card to access lounges, etc., and other privileges for the month extra or so? Am likely to be flying on another airline in *A. I doubt the miles will be credited in time to keep my Gold status for the actual flight although my card does cover the date of the flight.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
Originally Posted by Giamasetti
I retroclaimed Swiss miles on day 21st nov. On day 24th morning I received an Aegean email informing me that I was downgraded. 24 evening I saw my retroclaimed miles were posted into my account. On day 25, this morning, I received another email informing that "that your Gold card has been renewed for another year".

No need to call them. They seem efficient.
Same here.. they were super efficient with the upgrades, too bad same cannot be said regarding them replying to emails... sent them one 2 months ago asking to update my physical address as I get error message "you must enter a valid Greek name" when I try to update my address. Awesome error message considering I am not Greek...
Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by kauppias
I downgraded to Silver thanks to SK refusing to post miles on a flight that was upgraded! Thanks to that Im lowly silver for now

I allready booked my A3 segments for next year so Will be gold again but this is life
Was it an OptionTown upgrade that was "Approved subject to availability?" If so, I'm battling SK right now to the tune of 4,000+ miles for 4 passengers in my Together Account. SK has admitted that they "didn't have time" to re-issue the ticket in the upgraded fare class which I have told their Customer Care team is complete rubbish. Once I have an outcome, I will post a full issue summary here but at this point, I have A3 and SK both filing the case to some Star Alliance process. I've had 3 supervisor or higher-level people in SK tell me that in fact I am entitled to the miles.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by eurotexan
Was it an OptionTown upgrade that was "Approved subject to availability?"
Aren't all OT upgrades subject to availability? Even when confirmed in advance, all of past upgrades have still had this clause. Either way, I agree that you should have received the new booking class.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by vangelisd
A3 SKG Lounge gets overcrowded mainly on the domestic SKG-ATH route. At times all couch seating, all bar stools, all workstation, all "table" seats were taken and you had people standing as well.
Yep, I know this situation very well.. I've had it just a few weeks ago, when it was hard to even find a suitable spot to stand. After boarding to ATH was called, I was the only lounge guest remaining (as I had to wait for the next ATH flight because they messed something up with my booking while upgrading it). I was under the impression that there were more gold members on that flight than others.

Originally Posted by vangelisd
I still remember the days when A3 GOLD had unlimited SKG/ATH lounge access even when flying non Star alliance airlines, nice perk but disappeared "silently" as well.
Well, imagine all the FR passengers crowding the SKG lounge - would come in handy for them as the Ryanair gate is directly adjacent to the lounge.. by the way, has nobody ever found it odd that you'll have to squeeze past all of the RYR passengers in order to get to the A3 lounge?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by livious
Aren't all OT upgrades subject to availability? Even when confirmed in advance, all of past upgrades have still had this clause. Either way, I agree that you should have received the new booking class.
No, or perhaps I wasn't clear. There are two types that I have personally experienced:
1. Where you get notification of the upgrade, OptionTown notifies SAS, and your ticket is updated. When you go to Manage Booking on SAS website, you will see your class of service updated to SAS Plus or Business. These typically are confirmed more than 48 hours before travel.
2. Where you get notification from OptionTown, but it specifically says "subject to availability." I have experienced this where the flight was extremely full and they were not sure if any day-of-flight changes would result in capacity changes. These usually be within 24 hours of travel.

Where I have experienced 1, the fare class was updated as you would expect and the Aegean earning was 200%.

Where I have experienced 2, the fare class was not updated and the Aegean earning ended up being 100%. It is very frustrating dealing with SAS because they start claiming that if you were a Eurobonus member, they can use the OptionTown receipt as proof of upgrade and change your Eurobonus mileage accrual. Further, they (SAS Eurobonus desk) suggested I simply send this OptionTown receipt to Aegean and Aegean would retroactively update the earning. Not true. As we would expect, Aegean knows nothing about OptionTown's program.

As I said, when I get my issue settled (hopefully positively) I will be posting a full summary on this board so A3 M+B members can benefit with what I've learned.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by eurotexan
Was it an OptionTown upgrade that was "Approved subject to availability?" If so, I'm battling SK right now to the tune of 4,000+ miles for 4 passengers in my Together Account. SK has admitted that they "didn't have time" to re-issue the ticket in the upgraded fare class which I have told their Customer Care team is complete rubbish. Once I have an outcome, I will post a full issue summary here but at this point, I have A3 and SK both filing the case to some Star Alliance process. I've had 3 supervisor or higher-level people in SK tell me that in fact I am entitled to the miles.
Actually one was a optiontown Y+ upgrade that was upgraded to J with points. Sk credited the base points to my sk account even though the recprd clearly shows ONLY my A3 account. The return was a cash upgrade at the airport, before paying for it I made sure Y+ points wouöd be given and was told yes see we reissued with new booking class shown on boarding pass, again this did not happen and posted only y miles 👎

So that was a waste... They refused to fix it
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:03 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
I have a nasty feeling I'm going to be downgraded. However there seems to be about a month extra on the card, from when I expect to be downgraded. Can anyone tell me can I still use the card to access lounges, etc., and other privileges for the month extra or so? Am likely to be flying on another airline in *A. I doubt the miles will be credited in time to keep my Gold status for the actual flight although my card does cover the date of the flight.
You should just be able to present the physical card - it's valid and should be accepted and honoured according to *A rules.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: *G
Congrats to all who retained gold! I managed to squeeze in 24,103 miles before the due date but I was downgraded to silver. I rang them up to find out why and they said it's because I haven't flown on Aegean only Star Alliance - which is correct, but I have been gold for years so I thought I had enough to retain gold. It took some time, and I had to read from their website to explain my side. After being put on hold, I was then told they will fix it so I'll keep my eye out and hope it comes through! I'm a fan of the luggage allowance and lounge access when traveling between NZ and Canada and I'm not ready to give it up :P
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sg1979
Congrats to all who retained gold! I managed to squeeze in 24,103 miles before the due date but I was downgraded to silver. I rang them up to find out why and they said it's because I haven't flown on Aegean only Star Alliance - which is correct, but I have been gold for years so I thought I had enough to retain gold. It took some time, and I had to read from their website to explain my side. After being put on hold, I was then told they will fix it so I'll keep my eye out and hope it comes through! I'm a fan of the luggage allowance and lounge access when traveling between NZ and Canada and I'm not ready to give it up :P
You only need 24,000 miles to retain your gold status, I think you will be okay. Congratulations.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: *G
Smile

Originally Posted by Jma12
You only need 24,000 miles to retain your gold status, I think you will be okay. Congratulations.
Thanks I wonder if for some reason I was flagged as a silver in previous years when they revamped their system last year. The agent seemed to think I was upgrading from silver - could be human error no biggie, it happens. I know I squeaked by this year, here's to hoping there's not another big change to the program anytime soon and I can keep squeaking.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:13 pm

Seems I need to unfly 9 miles to remain gold. Any ideas on how to do that?

Jokes aside I have a flight on the first of December. Will the miles count towards the next renewal or will they be "lost"?

Last edited by MrArkadin; Nov 25, 2015 at 2:28 pm
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by MrArkadin
Seems I need to unfly 9 miles to remain gold. Any ideas on how to do that?

There really do seem to be problems with their IT. LOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.