Search

Does aegean have a gold call in number?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: 50K
Does aegean have a gold call in number?

Hey all

Does aegean have a dedicated gold number to call to bypass their regular phone number? We are stuck in our hotel in santorini with a cancelled flight because of the strike, and are having trouble getting through to the regular line.

Any other thoughts on how to approach this would be appreciated too.

thanks
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
There is no dedicated number for Golds.

As you can imagine, the volume of calls will be extremely heavy due to the strikes and resultant cancellations.

Perhaps if you ring the contact number in a different country you may get through faster (do not attempt this using a hotel phone. Only do this using Skype or some other means).
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: A3 *G
A dedicated number is one of the things that is urgently needed imo. Whether it will happen is another matter.

As for what else you can do - I'd perwonally go down to the airport where they surely have a ticket counter. Dealing with somebody face to face might work better. Also, have you checked your booking online? Maybe the system will let you rebook yourself. Just a thought.

Is it just the morning flight that is cancelled or all of them today?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb

Is it just the morning flight that is cancelled or all of them today?
Cancellations ::

Aegean Airlines

• A3 360 Athens - Santorini
• A3 361 Santorini - Athens
• A3 352 Athens - Santorini
• A3 353 Santorini - Athens
• A3 370 Athens - Mykonos
• A3 371 Mykonos - Athens

Olympic Air

• OA 152 Athens - kavala
• OA 153 kavala - Athens
• OA 154 Athens - kavala
• OA 155 kavala - Athens
• OA 240 Athens - samos
• OA 241 Samos - Athens
• OA 248 Athens - samos
• OA 249 Samos - Athens
• OA 140 Athens - alexandroupolis
• OA 141 alexandroupolis - Athens
• OA 146 Athens - alexandroupolis
• OA 147 alexandroupolis - Athens
• OA 074 Athens - zakynthos
• OA 075 Zante - Athens
• OA 160 Athens - ioannina
• OA 161 ioannina - Athens
• OA 166 Athens - ioannina
• OA 167 ioannina - Athens
• OA 270 Athens - chios
• OA 271 Chios - Athens
• OA 276 Athens - chios
• OA 277 Chios - Athens
• OA 250 Athens - mytilene
• OA 251 Mytilene - Athens
• OA 258 Athens - mytilene
• OA 259 Mytilene - Athens
• OA 254 Athens - mytilene
• OA 255 Mytilene - Athens
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: 50K
Thank you all for the help.

I've finally got through, and got rebooked on the only&earliest flight possible, which is a LH flight on the 14th (....so I'll see you all on the LH board with this same situation when the LH strike cancels that flight lol?....I know it wasnt the safest option, but I'll take any option right now)

Because the itinerary was cancelled, the website would not allow me to make any changes online, and said I had to call to get it rebooked. I was getting close to heading to the airport to try, but luckily got through.

[Later, I'll have to deal with M&B to see if they can credit me the lost A3 segment (out of generosity) to requalify for gold next year. I hope they will ]
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:32 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Better they do not... when you see how many Gold they have. sometimes i wonder if they don't give it for free to friends... some boarding are 30% of the plane priority boarding. I don't understand their strategy here... if someone could explain should be nice.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
Better they do not... when you see how many Gold they have. sometimes i wonder if they don't give it for free to friends... some boarding are 30% of the plane priority boarding. I don't understand their strategy here... if someone could explain should be nice.
I blame the low segment requirement and tier points threshold something that attracts you to the program also ...
Old Nov 24, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by DELLAS
I blame the low segment requirement and tier points threshold something that attracts you to the program also ...
what attracted me is more the 4 upgrade coupons + the very good credit for flights with A3 in biz (quite easy to get free tickets with aegean). Only takes me 1 month with the new program to renew , this year even less, will renew before 10th december 2015 regarding my next flights.

Rest of the year i credit turkish (takes me 10 months to renew with them) and Skyteam (fly them quite a lot too).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.