Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: headingwest
Please report all A3 mileage runs in this thread. These should be unusually good fares, not regularly available ones. If listing another airline other than A3/OA, please detail.

Categories are broken down by country of initial departure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Format as:

Date added - Departing airport - Intermediate Airport(s) - (Re)-arrival airport - Fare bucket - dates - miles earned - cost - cost per mile in local currency (or Euros) - (Airline)

e.g.

July 2015 - LHR-ATH-BRU-ATH-LHR - P - 12-19 Oct 2015 - 4226m - £108 - 2.56p/mile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 2016 - ARN-CPH-IAD-CPH-ARN - A (Premium Y) - 18969m - 27-31 Oct 2016 - 690 Euros - 3.7cpm - SK (Other starting points, e.g OSL, SVG very similar)

Print Wikipost

Aegean Mileage Runs & Deals

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: A3*G
                                SAS has a new auction-style upgrade system to replace OptionTown. Even though they say the extra miles can only be earned on EuroBonus accounts, I was able to twice upgrade my SAS Go intercontinental flights to SAS Plus for only 110 EUR each (the minimum bid), which credited 200%, for a total of over 8k miles per segment.
                                Old May 3, 2016, 11:46 pm

Programs: A3 *G
                                Originally Posted by ErnstH
                                SAS has a new auction-style upgrade system to replace OptionTown. Even though they say the extra miles can only be earned on EuroBonus accounts, I was able to twice upgrade my SAS Go intercontinental flights to SAS Plus for only 110 EUR each (the minimum bid), which credited 200%, for a total of over 8k miles per segment.
                                Yes, it says
                                Points earned on an upgrade are EuroBonus points. When you are upgraded, you
                                cannot earn points from any other frequent flyer programs, even if another loyalty
                                program membership number is assigned to your original reservation.
                                in the T&C's - just in case anybody can't be bothered finding it.

It also says:
                                The new ticket class of the upgrade applies as the basis for earning points.
                                so I guess A3, or any other airline wouldn't know it was an upgrade if the new ticket is in a "proper" point earning class - it was always 'A' class for Optiontown upgrades within Europe. In what class was your new ticket issued for the trips you successfully claimed?

Also, for info, the bid range for my upcoming ATH-ARN flight is 55 to 110 Euro. 55 Euro was previously what Optiontown were asking.

Last edited by Knobbgb; May 3, 2016 at 11:55 pm
                                Old May 4, 2016, 12:13 am

Programs: A3 *G
                                Many people probably already know this - so it's probably just me being stupid, but I just realised that Ethiopian fly DUB-LAX with local traffic rights, so that adds them to SAS as the only other carrier across the Atlantic with at least 100% earning on ALL fares. They have some reasonable prices too - 370 Euro one-way or 520 Euro return in October and around 679 Euro rt in July. The only downside is an 05:55 departure from DUB but at least the early LAX arrival opens up loads of connection opportunities and a chance of an early night!
                                Old May 7, 2016, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb
                                Many people probably already know this - so it's probably just me being stupid, but I just realised that Ethiopian fly DUB-LAX with local traffic rights, so that adds them to SAS as the only other carrier across the Atlantic with at least 100% earning on ALL fares. They have some reasonable prices too - 370 Euro one-way or 520 Euro return in October and around 679 Euro rt in July. The only downside is an 05:55 departure from DUB but at least the early LAX arrival opens up loads of connection opportunities and a chance of an early night!
                                Yep you would be surprised how many people do not know about this. Good for getting cheap seats but expect this to change in the coming months. They are going to be advertising a lot and have installed a new sales team with quite a big staff based at DUB. They are looking to go daily in 2017. Some new US routes too with traffic rights. Fares in J are very good value also.
                                Old May 8, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
                                STR-SKG-CDG for 22 euros, June 2nd
                                https://www.kayak.de/flights/STR-CDG/2016-06-02
                                Old May 24, 2016, 6:22 am
                                Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
                                I have removed all expired deals from the wiki, which means it's now looking just a little bare!

I would suggest, taking account of the A3 earnings chart, that we now expand this to other *A airlines.

In that spirit, our old earnings favourite SK is currently selling Premium Y booking into A class (at 200% earning) from a number of Scandinavian starting points via CPH to IAD for selected dates in October (Thursday depart, Monday return seems to work well) for 690 Euros netting 18696 miles @ 3.6cpm (UK POS). Rather useful for a late qualification ...

/mod
                                Old May 24, 2016, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
                                Some new US routes too with traffic rights.
                                What would those other Ethiopean destinations be? And anything in Canada, or just US?
                                Old May 24, 2016, 11:35 am

ET only flies to YYZ in Canada (non-stop on the outbound, stop in DUB on the inbound), but sadly does not have DUB-YYZ traffic rights.
                                Old May 24, 2016, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
                                In that spirit, our old earnings favourite SK is currently selling Premium Y booking into A class (at 200% earning) from a number of Scandinavian starting points via CPH to IAD for selected dates in October (Thursday depart, Monday return seems to work well) for 690 Euros netting 18696 miles @ 3.6cpm (UK POS). Rather useful for a late qualification ...
                                Are there any transatlantic routes where SK sells fairly prices oneways?
                                Old May 26, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
                                I've booked:

Friday 16/09 LGW-HER-CDG £51
                                Saturday 17/09 BHX-ATH-AMS £50

Using some avios to get back from Paris / Amsterdam

Will earn just over 4500 miles in P class and probably be quite tiring given two consecutive night flights.

The weekend before I'm doing LUX-ATH-OSL for £33 overnighting in Athens, almost considered BOD-ATH-OSL but it was too tricky to get to BOD in time.
                                Old May 27, 2016, 6:07 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
                                Originally Posted by AlwaysonBA663
                                I've booked:

Friday 16/09 LGW-HER-CDG £51
                                Saturday 17/09 BHX-ATH-AMS £50

Using some avios to get back from Paris / Amsterdam

Will earn just over 4500 miles in P class and probably be quite tiring given two consecutive night flights.

The weekend before I'm doing LUX-ATH-OSL for £33 overnighting in Athens, almost considered BOD-ATH-OSL but it was too tricky to get to BOD in time.
                                I'm also doing BHX-ATH-AMS on 17/9. See you on board!
                                Old May 28, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
                                Cheers! It will make a change from flying LHR-LCA which I've been doing a few times a month since February.
                                Old May 29, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: Miles and More
                                sorry mistake
                                Old May 31, 2016, 11:15 am
                                Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
                                I would gently remind members that any posts from the Moderator team with /mod attached are Mod actions and FT rules provide that they are not open for public discussion. Thank you for your co-operation in the future.

However, by way of explanation, almost all the posts removed were many, many months old (some well over a year) and it was extremely difficult to pick out what were current deals. Please don't forget that we are looking for fares that may well not repeat - this is not really the place for A3's regular sale fares which are rarely enormous bargains anyway!

With the expansion to include all *A airlines this is only likely to get worse.

In an ideal world, we would maintain a history somewhere in the thread in a concise format. The volunteer mod team only has a limited bandwidth and we simply do not have the time to do this on top of all the normal mod duties - which is one of the reasons the wiki got neglected and in a state of disrepair in the first place. It is now at least in a state where a fresh start can be made.

Hence ...

FT is a community, and it is hoped that a member of that community might take on 'ownership' of the thread wiki maintenance if they felt able to make improvements. Please PM the mod team if you want to do this.

/mod
                                Old May 31, 2016, 5:32 pm

So how can we have the discussion if we should follow the established model of annual threads (like the big threads in the Mileage Run Deals forum) or if we prefer moderators to periodically check deals for availability and eventually delete postings?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.