Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Changes earning miles on SWISS (LX): E, K, L, T = 0 from 01MAY15 (and more chng)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes earning miles on SWISS (LX): E, K, L, T = 0 from 01MAY15 (and more chng)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
Now - what will be the next big change in M&B awards? My vote goes to SAS...
Bad, but agree with you, they are really very generous when crediting A3 even on cheap tickets... Very bad if it comes to change.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: *A-A3-*S, *A M&M FTL *S, EI-Green, AccorGold
accrual changes

Also affected with 4 LX legs from ZRH booked ages ago. Now they don't qualify (L).
Flew LX and A3 during Easter to JTR via ATH. Although I checked in on LX from ZRH to ATH on my A3 Gold card, somewhow I got credited on my LX card for the A3 flights to and from JTR, meaning I now don't have 2 of the 4 legs I need to requalify on 12k miles....methinks an email is needed (my correct A3 # is on the BP in Passbook. I checked in physically.

Happen to anyone else?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by magyir
Flew LX and A3 during Easter to JTR via ATH. Although I checked in on LX from ZRH to ATH on my A3 Gold card, somewhow I got credited on my LX card for the A3 flights to and from JTR, meaning I now don't have 2 of the 4 legs I need to requalify on 12k miles....methinks an email is needed (my correct A3 # is on the BP in Passbook. I checked in physically.

Happen to anyone else?
Good luck getting this resolved and the miles & segments credited to M&B. M&M numbers are notoriously "sticky", if at any point your M&M number has come anywhere near your reservation, chances are the miles will end up there no matter what you do before/after (check the M&M forum for more, similar experiences).

I believe you would first need to contact M&M to get the miles un-credited from your account before M&B can/will do anything about it, but hopefully someone with better knowledge can chime in and give better instructions.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:59 am

Certainly a shame especially the J class earnings. They used to be great earners and special offers too. Was looking at a P class DUB-ZRH-ATH today and it was around EUR625 return.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
SK remains the anomaly, although for how much longer it's difficult to say. They need to at least hang on with 100% earnings until I fly with them in late May!

Let's face it, European earnings haven't been great for an awful lot in years - not just in *A. It's hardly a surprise, although as others have said this is awfully short notice.
This. Hope they don't change this before I re-qualify!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:00 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
The BA changes are pretty bad overall, but they have grandfathered the old miles earning rates on any tickets purchased before the changes (don't know whether this applies to partner airlines), and there was 3 months advance notice to take advantage of the old redemption rates

Looks like my plan to requalify with one LX Y long-haul and a 4-sector trip to Greece won't work any more.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:11 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Certainly a shame especially the J class earnings. They used to be great earners and special offers too. Was looking at a P class DUB-ZRH-ATH today and it was around EUR625 return.
J-class earnings have not changed though, have they? Or are you talking about Business class in general?
Also P-class is the same as before, they devalued that about a year ago I believe. P-class basically earns the same as a mid to high economy class ticket.

So now it has become very difficult to find deep-discounted intra-european roundtrips that earn something. And the lowest classes that *do* earn (on LH, OS and LX) are going to be difficult to book. When there are cheaper classes for sale it is very difficult to find an (online) place that will sell you the cheapest earning class..
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Sounds like theres a gap in the market for an OTA that provides this flexibility!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
J-class earnings have not changed though, have they? Or are you talking about Business class in general?
Also P-class is the same as before, they devalued that about a year ago I believe. P-class basically earns the same as a mid to high economy class ticket.

So now it has become very difficult to find deep-discounted intra-european roundtrips that earn something. And the lowest classes that *do* earn (on LH, OS and LX) are going to be difficult to book. When there are cheaper classes for sale it is very difficult to find an (online) place that will sell you the cheapest earning class..
I was looking back on past earnings before they started to change everything. The cheap Swiss fares used to earn 200% miles and booked into J class. This is going back a few years I admit. I used to fly 4-5 times a year DUB-ZRH-ATH and I still have some E TKTs showing J fares of EUR368!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELLAS
I was looking back on past earnings before they started to change everything. The cheap Swiss fares used to earn 200% miles and booked into J class. This is going back a few years I admit. I used to fly 4-5 times a year DUB-ZRH-ATH and I still have some E TKTs showing J fares of EUR368!
And LX are doing SO well out of DUB...are they about to give up?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AB Gold
Disaster! I have four round-trip tickets booked with Swiss - the first one is next week so all will fall by the wayside when it comes to earning miles.

This really is bad news. I suspect that SK will be next in line and only the more expensive tickets will generate miles.

If SK follow suit, this effectively means that there are now no miles earners in lower fares classes with any airlines other than Aegean left.

What does this mean for people like me?

Well, I suspect it spells the end. Not sure how I am going to make up miles in future. For instance, LH want at least €400 on my regular routes for tickets that will credit miles to A3. At the last look, SN were charging almost €500. Madness for tickets within Europe.

Really, really disappointed about this. A great shame because I am a huge fan of A3 but recent changes have made it all but impossible to earn miles without paying over the odds for a ticket.

I was recently in India and booked with AI to fly to Goa from Delhi. No points there either. Ended up crediting to SAS who did give me 1000 miles for the return trip.

Thanks A3 it's been great.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by Wakefield_boy
Disaster! I have four round-trip tickets booked with Swiss - the first one is next week so all will fall by the wayside when it comes to earning miles.

This really is bad news. I suspect that SK will be next in line and only the more expensive tickets will generate miles.

If SK follow suit, this effectively means that there are now no miles earners in lower fares classes with any airlines other than Aegean left.

What does this mean for people like me?

Well, I suspect it spells the end. Not sure how I am going to make up miles in future. For instance, LH want at least €400 on my regular routes for tickets that will credit miles to A3. At the last look, SN were charging almost €500. Madness for tickets within Europe.

Really, really disappointed about this. A great shame because I am a huge fan of A3 but recent changes have made it all but impossible to earn miles without paying over the odds for a ticket.

I was recently in India and booked with AI to fly to Goa from Delhi. No points there either. Ended up crediting to SAS who did give me 1000 miles for the return trip.

Thanks A3 it's been great.
You are right that it would hugely affect earnings on intra-European flights.

What will be effectively left would be mileage runs outside of the old continent on airlines like UA (which still credits a very generous 50% on the cheaper classes) or trips on ET (100% on almost all classes, decently priced 400-500 euro tickets from Europe to i.e. South Africa through ADD would go a long way crediting valuable miles).
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AB Gold
You may have a very valid point there, Romanianflyer.

ET is generous in that it credits in all classes. It may just be better to do a mileage run to somewhere like JNB for say €500 (if you are right and tickets are available at that price!) instead of buying a couple of LH tickets, say, for €400 a piece which credit nothing like the amount, barely 1000 points each, if you're lucky.

That way you can requalify. Thanks for opening up the debate outside Europe towards Africa. The thought of a mileage run in Y class with UA fills me with dread.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:42 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Wakefield_boy
You may have a very valid point there, Romanianflyer.

ET is generous in that it credits in all classes. It may just be better to do a mileage run to somewhere like JNB for say €500 (if you are right and tickets are available at that price!) instead of buying a couple of LH tickets, say, for €400 a piece which credit nothing like the amount, barely 1000 points each, if you're lucky.

That way you can requalify. Thanks for opening up the debate outside Europe towards Africa. The thought of a mileage run in Y class with UA fills me with dread.
SAA flights are also quite generous under A3 - I flew last week in S (not cheap, but not super-expensive either) and am getting 150% credit.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: QR Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by magyir
Also affected with 4 LX legs from ZRH booked ages ago. Now they don't qualify (L).

Happen to anyone else?
I had similar experience: miles credited to SQ Krisflyer instead of A3, although it was my A3 number that was printed on boarding pass. I sent emails to both A3 and SQ, at the end I received email from SQ that they would "refund" the miles so that it was eventually credited into my A3 account.

Somehow my guess is, the willingness of SQ to "refund" miles was the key that I got this outcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.