Wiki Posts
Search

TK J Booking class miles credit with M&B

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
TK J Booking class miles credit with M&B

Miles and Bonus chart states that J class on TK is business upgrade, credited 100%.

In fact the J booking code is applied for paid business class tickets.

What is your experience crediting TK J with Miles & Bonus ?

Considering confort class does credit 100%, I guess paid business class should credit 150%.

Thank you !
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:51 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Miles and Bonus chart states that J class on TK is business upgrade, credited 100%.

In fact the J booking code is applied for paid business class tickets.

What is your experience crediting TK J with Miles & Bonus ?

Considering confort class does credit 100%, I guess paid business class should credit 150%.

Thank you !
I wouldn't get too hung-up on the description - it looks like TK earns at 100% for the lowest business fares, and 150% for the higher ones.

This is not terribly unusual - indeed, with other carriers some discount business fare don't earn at all (LH, UA) or earn at 100% (LX). It's perfectly possible that a high cost, fully flexible full-Y fare will cost more than a restricted C-class fare, so it also wouldn't be a surprise to see some Y fares earn more than C ones.

There is no reason to suppose the earning chart as published isn't accurate.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Thanks ! I think you are right.

J class is used by TK both for upgrades and for discount business fare.

I was not aware that airlines might use the same booking code as seems to be the case with Turkish.

Last edited by KATERGOO; Mar 27, 2015 at 5:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.