Wiki Posts
Search

Issues with Lost and Damaged Luggage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat

The current lack of a thread dealing with lost and damaged luggage suggests that this is not a major problem when flying Aegean.

On Feb 27, I flew LCA-ATH-TXL in T/I class with 3 suitcases. On arrival in Berlin, one was seriously damaged and a PIR Report was issued by Globeground. The agent informed me that A3 is the only airline they handle that does not provide them with an information leaflet to give to passengers outlining what action needs to be taken after issue of the PIR. They were unsure what to do next but provided me with a LH leaflet and arranged for my case to be collected from a Berlin address by a Frankfurt-based company: "depending on the extent of damage you will be advised the date and time of return delivery of your repaired/replaced baggage. This service is given to you by Adolfo 1920 on the expenses of the airline according to IATA rules". This solution appears to be excellent but Aegean perhaps needs to get it together to provide its own information leaflet, at least to Berlin bound passengers.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:41 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador

The last airline to damage my baggage was Air Canada. I don't recall being given an information leaflet by whoever handles their queries in LHR, but they at least knew the procedure and wrote a phone number on a card for me in the event of a query, so the handling agent at TXL should at least have known what to do. Whether this is the fault of the agent or A3 is difficult to say, but handing you a leaflet for an entirely different airline seems bizarre to say the least! If the process fails because the agent's got it wrong and no-one contacts you, how on earth are you going to know how to get your baggage repaired or replaced?

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Mar 1, 2015 at 1:22 pm
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:07 am

Three cases in so many years:

AF in MEX: "Go buy a new suitcase and send us the bill"; was reimbursed several weeks later.
A3 in HER: Everything exactly as above (by the way, on the return trip!)
LH in HAJ: "No need repairing, you can use the suitcase without the wheels" (first agent); "We don't pay for wheels, they always break" (first agent's supervisor).

Actually, that happened to my wife, not me. They would have gotten an appropriate reply had it been me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.