Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 months, 12 good news

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:20 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
12 months, 12 good news

A month ago A3 sent out a press release describing that they will offer one new service every month this year, which "aim[s] to support the company's strategic promise to serve its passengers by accommodating, simplifying and upgrading their travels". Interesting.

First out was "Family baggage drop" at ATH, LCA and SKG and a "Public lounge" at ATH. (landside, with check in machines, tablets&internet and closed loop TV chanel showcasing Greece).

Sooo, now february has ended and no further "good news" release? Anyone in Greece who have seen anything about this months "news"?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
[QUOTE=intuition;24431657]
First out was "Family baggage drop" at ATH, LCA and SKG and a "Public lounge" at ATH. (landside, with check in machines, tablets&internet and closed loop TV chanel showcasing Greece).
QUOTE]

I don't even understand what these mean, does anyone know or have seen these happened?

One thing I have to say though about A3, they treat their Golds well. From lounge access to three people (family), true luggage priority (this is the only airline I have seen where luggage priority for elites is true priority), to special accommodations when issues arise.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:18 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
I have not seen these announcements. Though a public lounge description like this can be given to pretty much all of the waiting areas in the departure hall.

Not sure what "family baggage drop" means? Can a family not drop their bags at a conventional check in stand?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:47 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, it is indeed just a part of the departures hall. By the pictures it looks to be a semi-detached room in the departures with a few seats, computers and check in machines.

As for family drop - it is supposed to be a quicker drop ie some kind of priority. No idea if it works and/or if it is justified by customer demand.

http://en.aegeanair.com/all-about-us...ease/?prid=517

But I guess if no one saw anything about this, then the series of good news only lasted a month...
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:54 am

...As for family drop - it is supposed to be a quicker drop ie some kind of priority. No idea if it works and/or if it is justified by customer demand...
...But I guess if no one saw anything about this, then the series of good news only lasted a month...
Let's not be picky! Their press release said "New Baggage Drop Off counters exclusively for families travelling with young children up to 12 years old". Those of us who have/had young children (mine are now over 30 years old) know how helpful this can be. Moreover, given that their announcement was posted on January 29 (i.e. 30 days ago!), let's give them another month to prove their intentions before starting complaining.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:38 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Oh, not complaining! Just wondered if they've went back to ancient Roman calendar (ie10 months each year ;.)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The announcement says the self check-in kiosk can also print luggage tags, they don't want to do anything at the counters any more?

I have noticed in the last few months that they seem to want to force everyone to check in at the machines and don't let them approach the counters without a boarding pass, by positioning employees at the entrance of the roped lines in front of the counters. This typically results on a zoo-like bottleneck situation at the entrance of the roped lines (where the self check-in machines are), blocking traffic, and A3 personnel trying to teach travelers to use the machines on the spot. I assume this is all in the "do it yourself" cost-cutting spirit, and thank God at least it doesn't apply to business/priority check in.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:41 pm

Yes, it is indeed just a part of the departures hall. By the pictures it looks to be a semi-detached room in the departures with a few seats, computers and check in machines.

As for family drop - it is supposed to be a quicker drop ie some kind of priority. No idea if it works and/or if it is justified by customer demand.

http://en.aegeanair.com/all-about-us...ease/?prid=517
I did see something similar to this in the departures hall late January. I'll take a look next week to see if it was actually Aegean branded
Old Mar 1, 2015, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
The announcement says the self check-in kiosk can also print luggage tags, they don't want to do anything at the counters any more?

I actually prefer this. I can put my tag and my Priority tag on then just dump it at the counter. Works a treat at T2 LHR too. ^

Family check in is a great idea and seems to have got some positive feedback.

The Public Aegean lounge is branded from all the photos I have seen. I saw some on Flickr the other day. Will see if I can find it again.

All in all some positive changes by A3. ^
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:49 am

So when you print your luggage tags, where do you actually find the PRIORITY tag so you can stick it inside?

I had the same question in LHR and someone told me that in order to get a priority tag you need to use the checkin counter and not the machine.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, this was not part of the 12 good news, but Aegean offered a free cool NYE trip to Venice to 100 lucky flyers, see photos below. Now what other airline has done that....

http://revegionstonaera.aegeanair.com
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:18 pm

Actually it can be seen on the pictures posted above, for example

http://revegionstonaera.aegeanair.co...57c35ed__1.JPG

http://revegionstonaera.aegeanair.co...2a2d026__1.JPG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.