Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Earning MB miles on Singapore Airlines - possible changes to Semi-Flex, Flex & PE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning MB miles on Singapore Airlines - possible changes to Semi-Flex, Flex & PE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold: A3, AB, AZ
Originally Posted by tancredi
Hi t566, I happen to have copied down the old A3 earning chart for Singapore Airlines (I needed to have it handy while comparing flights), before they changed it on 01/01/2015 (as per their website).

Here it is:
  • R: 160%
  • F P A: 150%
  • C D Z J: 125%
  • S Y B E M H W U L K: 100%
  • O I X N G Q T V: no accrual

Hope it helps!

T.
Thanks a lot! I do have a screenshot containing the information you mentioned above from October 2014.
The annoying thing is, Aegean didn't update the earning chart on their website until (at least) mid-february 2015 (although it now states 01/01/2015). I just can't prove that.
- that was the last time I checked and also the time I filed my retro claim for those miles.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:18 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
You could try Wayback machine - it does log quite a lot of sub-pages.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
You could try Wayback machine - it does log quite a lot of sub-pages.
unfortunately - not this one...
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
iPhone app

Try Aegean iPhone app. It's still showing the old SQ earning table dated 30.06.2010
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by palcsaky
Try Aegean iPhone app. It's still showing the old SQ earning table dated 30.06.2010
Thanks for the info - same thing in the Android app.
Let's see what Aegean does with this, they haven't replied yet.

I have the feeling that they won't admit their false play of just uploading updated earning charts six months later than their first date of validity and then refer to those new charts when being confronted with retro claims.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 1:27 pm

I'm in the same situation as you. I had K class SQ flights in March and I'm currently waiting for the outcome of M&B retro claim. Please keep us posted how you get on.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by palcsaky
I'm in the same situation as you. I had K class SQ flights in March and I'm currently waiting for the outcome of M&B retro claim. Please keep us posted how you get on.
Yes I will - although at the moment I find it difficult to recieve any reaction at all from the M&B compartment.

After I called a couple of times to check on the retro claim, I was asked to provide the boarding passes via email, which I did.
Since then the communication was only via email and responses took one or two days and appeared to be written by the same person every time.

However, since bringing up the fact that the only earning chart at the time of the flight to be found online was the one from 30/06/2010, I haven't recieved any further information from Aegean. That was over two weeks ago.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Good news for me: after sending another email and no (email) response from aegean, my flights did post with a 100% milage accural!
Old May 4, 2015, 11:38 am

Good news for me too. 7 days after emailing scanned BPs I received an email today informing me that the missing K class miles from my SQ flights flown in March were credited into my account and they were indeed manually added as L class with 100% accrual. Happy days!
Old May 10, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: BR Gold(*G), TK Elite(*G), OZ Gold(*S), QF Gold (ow sapphire), GF Gold
Originally Posted by enchanted_boy
Thanks Jma12, there is some progress after I submitted scans of my boarding passes showing my A3 FFP number (only 2 boarding passes with me, out of the 4 segments I flew). Again, good customer service from A3!

16/02/2015

Dear Mr. XXX

Further to our communication and regarding the retro claim for the flight SQ0335 22NOV, SQ0336 17NOV, kindly be informed that we have already contacted internally the airline operating carrier, so as to investigate it further. Please, be so kind to recheck your Miles&Bonus account in 20 days, approximately.

We would be very pleased if you choose Miles & Bonus for your future flights.

Yours Sincerely,
After my persistent email follow-up (approximately once every 3 weeks) and some blame-shifting by A3 to SQ as 'operating carrier', A3 finally posted my miles 'exceptionally'.

Here is what appears on my transaction page:
No. Activity Date Flight Class Activity Description Award Miles Tier Miles
1 09/05/2015 - - - Card Upgrade 0 0
2 24/11/2014 - - - Card Renewal 0 0
3 22/11/2014 SQ0335 L CDG - SIN Paris-Singapore 6,663 6,663
4 17/11/2014 SQ0336 L SIN - CDG Singapore-Paris 6,663 6,663

Long story short, here is the final response from A3, and the outcome that is all I needed:

CR//758676

08/05/2015

Dear Mr. XXX,

Further to your correspondence with our Airline and due to our effort to offer you a good customer experience we would like to inform you that we have forwarded your case our designated loyalty team .At this point kindly note that exceptionally we will credit you the respective miles.

We would be very pleased if you choose Miles&Bonus for your future flights.

Yours Sincerely,

I hope this helps if you have pending SQ 'K' class retro claim cases with A3. Remember, fight for what is rightfully yours!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.