Wiki Posts
Search

Panic mode: TK status match procedure

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire

Can someone please outline the procedure to status match to TK*G? When would be the best time to do the match, as to ensure maximum status validity? (just before the "new" *G status expires?)
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Why panic at all... Your A3 Gold is still valid until November 2015. If you want maximum validity, you should not attempt matching anything until October 2015. The minute you match, the clock starts counting down for the new program's requalification.

TK is not the answer. You STILL HAVE TO requalify over at TK, 25,000 miles in one year or 37,500 miles in 2 years. With the latest (massive) devaluation at TK, most economy tickets earn only 25% to 50% of mileage, and that's for TK's own flights. Other airlines, a lot of fare classes don't earn anything at all.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
I just sent in a status match request for the wife and I. I chose to get it done as soon as possible, well before the new changes come into effect, so that I don't appear to be one of the many people who will be requesting a change simply due to the new requirements.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iamaho
Why panic at all... Your A3 Gold is still valid until November 2015. If you want maximum validity, you should not attempt matching anything until October 2015. The minute you match, the clock starts counting down for the new program's requalification.

TK is not the answer. You STILL HAVE TO requalify over at TK, 25,000 miles in one year or 37,500 miles in 2 years. With the latest (massive) devaluation at TK, most economy tickets earn only 25% to 50% of mileage, and that's for TK's own flights. Other airlines, a lot of fare classes don't earn anything at all.
UA K still earns 100%, which is a common fare class for long-haul mileage runs.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by iamaho
TK is not the answer.
So what ? Asiana, Thai ? Thai seems to be worse than Turkish...
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by szczurwa
So what ? Asiana, Thai ? Thai seems to be worse than Turkish...
All airlines now require some form of requalification.
The free ride is over. Accept the fact.
This day was coming, we all knew it was going to happen.
Nothing wrong with keeping and maintaining A3 Gold. At 24,000 miles per year to requalify (much less for those who can/actually fly A3), it is a fraction of what it takes to requalify on other airlines such as UA or AC or Thai (where 25,000 miles on these airlines would only get you *Silver!)
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jcamp028
I just sent in a status match request for the wife and I. I chose to get it done as soon as possible, well before the new changes come into effect, so that I don't appear to be one of the many people who will be requesting a change simply due to the new requirements.
What are you going to do with 2 *A Gold Status? Just relax and match it next October. I am not sure why everyone is panicking all the sudden.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:07 pm

I sent my request across for a status match today as I believe it is valid for 2 years and wanted to do so before the big rush of Aegean people trying to status match in case they say no. This will give me an extra year of *G as a minimum if Turkish honour a 2 year status match.

I also have some flights on the horizon with TK but I will have a look at the earning rates as Aegean may be easier to accrue the miles with (despite needing more of them if flying non-A3 carriers).
Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:50 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

You never know when TK will stop matching...
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by J_rob129
What are you going to do with 2 *A Gold Status? Just relax and match it next October. I am not sure why everyone is panicking all the sudden.
Travel with friends and guest them into lounges??

Also, my wife and I don't always travel together. It would be nice for her to have the benefits when travelling alone, no?

I have a lot of travel coming up which I'd rather credit to TK than A3. It's my choice, not yours.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Skyborne Flyer
Can someone please outline the procedure to status match to TK*G? When would be the best time to do the match, as to ensure maximum status validity? (just before the "new" *G status expires?)
The best place to inquire about status matching is the matching (hopefully) airline's forum.

Good luck (though it seems there may be no rush lest you end up with status expiring close to each other, it's good to begin looking over the possibilities).
Old Sep 27, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jcamp028
Travel with friends and guest them into lounges??

Also, my wife and I don't always travel together. It would be nice for her to have the benefits when travelling alone, no?

I have a lot of travel coming up which I'd rather credit to TK than A3. It's my choice, not yours.
If your wife is travelling alone, then she should do the status match instead. but again it is your choice, so do whatever you want.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by J_rob129
If your wife is travelling alone, then she should do the status match instead. but again it is your choice, so do whatever you want.
I don't understand what you're getting at. I sent in status match requests for both of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.