Search

Still able to make *G???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat, *G, Hilton diamond, Accor plat, Sixt plat
Still able to make *G???

Hi all,

I have already a bit more than 6700 miles in my account from flying thai earlier this year, and will make a milage run 22 - 25 th of november. It is with SAS in business DUS-IAD via CPH.
Now the program change will fall in between the travel dates, so my outbound should still make me a bit more than 9000 points.

I need to go for business to HEL from AMS in the coming month, but most tickets for sale by SAS are on BLUE1 with a SK flight number. Will those flights count for milage tier milage? Or do I need to fly on a SAS operated plane?

Thanks for the advise
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by df3062
I need to go for business to HEL from AMS in the coming month, but most tickets for sale by SAS are on BLUE1 with a SK flight number. Will those flights count for milage tier milage? Or do I need to fly on a SAS operated plane?
You'll get miles from those flights. I have miles from several Blue1-operated SK flights in my account.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kallio
You'll get miles from those flights. I have miles from several Blue1-operated SK flights in my account.
Thanks for the info!

Now I just hope that they will post the miles I collect on the 22 and 23 of november under the old rules and get to the gold tier
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold/OneWorld Ruby
No one knows, but I have never seen Aegean post miles within less than 2-3 days and it took an additional day from when my miles posted above 20,000 to when it credited me as Gold.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by df3062
Now I just hope that they will post the miles I collect on the 22 and 23 of november under the old rules and get to the gold tier
Apparently, at least according to a post in one of the many other threads on this very topic (the guy actually called A3 and asked), you will qualify for GOLD if your last qualifying flight to reach 20000 miles is flown on the 23rd of November at the latest. The miles will actually post after the date of introduction of the renewed FF programme (due to inter-airline miles posting delays, typically 3 days or more), but it is the flight date that determines your upgrade eligibilty.

Snacky
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:44 am
Original Poster

That would be great. I will do a F ticket with united DCA-EWR and back, will only cost about 200 Euro and that should let me make enough miles
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Executive Club Gold, Miles & Bonus Gold, Alaska Mileage Plan, Aeroplan, LifeMiles
I have a similar question. I have some flights booked and I actually should get Aegean Gold Status before November 24 under the current terms and conditions.
Do you think they'll keep honour than and keep me on Gold, or will move me to Silver?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BCNforever
I have a similar question. I have some flights booked and I actually should get Aegean Gold Status before November 24 under the current terms and conditions.
Do you think they'll keep honour than and keep me on Gold, or will move me to Silver?
I'm in the same boat as you. I'll get A3 Gold on 11/15. The sight says that all existing Golds as of 11/24/14 will remain Gold in the new program, so I believe we will be Gold. I sure hope so...
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Executive Club Gold, Miles & Bonus Gold, Alaska Mileage Plan, Aeroplan, LifeMiles
Originally Posted by frekwentflier
I'm in the same boat as you. I'll get A3 Gold on 11/15. The sight says that all existing Golds as of 11/24/14 will remain Gold in the new program, so I believe we will be Gold. I sure hope so...
Yeah I really hope so... Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2014, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by frekwentflier
I'm in the same boat as you. I'll get A3 Gold on 11/15. The site says that all existing Golds as of 11/24/14 will remain Gold in the new program, so I believe we will be Gold. I sure hope so...
That's how the new programme rules are generally perceived by this community, yes.

Snacky
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
I too am in that boat. Will qualify for old gold in mid October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.