Wiki Posts
Search

Miles&Bonus redemption question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Miles&Bonus redemption question

Would it be possible to redeem 30,000 A3 miles for SQ new business class? How much would be the taxes?

I have 2 accts. One with 35K and other with 27K.
I would be very flexible and book a year in advance if neccesary. At first i wanted to hit one of my accts with 60K for F but i have read it won't be possible as F suites availability is only opened to KrisFlyer miles.

My idea was trying to price out SQ 25 A380 JFK-FRA each one way.

Either way I'm looking into the most logical luxury business class experience i can book with A3 out of NA. (Not sure who delivers)

That or i redeem 22K Economy RT's on A3.

Last edited by Prospero; Sep 20, 2014 at 5:17 pm Reason: Title correction
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The post above was extracted from the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...riences-9.html thread to form this new thread topic.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
The post above was extracted from the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...riences-9.html thread to form this new thread topic.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
I didn't want to start a topic but thank you it is appreciated.

I think you meant "Miles&Bonus" though
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Wrong title for this question...

Please change M&M into M&B, thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by mvtm
Would it be possible to redeem 30,000 A3 miles for SQ new business class? How much would be the taxes?
Almost everything is possible... Quote the taxes on matrix.itasoftware.com by yourself!

I have 2 accts. One with 35K and other with 27K.
I would be very flexible and book a year in advance if neccesary. At first i wanted to hit one of my accts with 60K for F but i have read it won't be possible as F suites availability is only opened to KrisFlyer miles. My idea was trying to price out SQ 25 A380 JFK-FRA each one way.
F suites are not possible with M&B.
You can't combine miles in an account.
You need to be very flexible to find availability on SQ25 JFK-FRA...

Last edited by Air Rarotonga; Sep 21, 2014 at 7:51 am
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Almost everything is pissible... Quote the taxes on matrix.itasoftware.com by yourself!

F suites are not possible with M&B.
You can't combine miles in an account.
You need to be very flexible to find availability on SQ25 JFK-FRA...
The thing is that i'm not sure that J SQ 25 JFK-FRA awards can be redeemed for 30K miles. As far as i understand SQ 25 is sold as a one-segment JFK-FRA-SIN?

If i'm not allowed to redeem for the JFK-FRA sole segment i can't redeem at all, since to get to SIN would be another animal in number of miles to exchange the tix, as it would be NA to Far East zone....

I'll like to know if i can actually redeem for JFK-FRA sole segment without continuing to SIN. Have tried to ask in the SQ board, but it seems a little less active than here.

---

Searched in ITA an it allows me to price JFK-FRA alone.

Last edited by mvtm; Sep 20, 2014 at 6:51 pm
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
I think you're reading the chart wrong. C redemptions are 90k NA-Europe, so 45k miles one way. Second, SQ reward availability in J is non existent bordering impossible. F award space is flat out blocked for *A partners, apart for possibly some old aircraft inter Asia routes. Your other options that I would suggest would be either LX or LH, both have decent C cabins, perhaps not as luxurious as SQ but still very comfortable, and availability is more generous. Try for LH's 747-8 top deck or A380! Good luck
Old Sep 24, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
AFAIK SQ only release J class for intra-Asia to other *A members.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by J_rob129
AFAIK SQ only release J class for intra-Asia to other *A members.
Thank you, i didn't know that. What else i can try in J that is comparable or good in *A that i can redeem?

btw- also, how is SQ Y availability? No problems?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Can i do this??

JFK-TLV (VIA FRA SQ25 A380 and then continue LH to TLV) for 30k?

The award booked as TLV as final destination?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:59 am

Can i do this??
JFK-TLV (VIA FRA SQ25 A380 and then continue LH to TLV) for 30k?
The award booked as TLV as final destination?
Why not?
If you mean 30k for travelling in Y-cl, then you only need to find available seats on SQ25...
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Why not?
If you mean 30k for travelling in Y-cl, then you only need to find available seats on SQ25...
Availability for SQ25 in Y is wide open if booked in advance. What i don't quite get about ANA tool, is that when i search SQ25 and add another leg. Example FRA-XXX the availability is reduced. ? When i combine it with another leg, would this get me problems?

I made my mind and i am not doing TLV, the list is long. I'm considering:

Vienna or Geneva or Copenhagen or Oslo or Moscow or St Petersburg or Stockholm

On my way back i want to do Canada, so it all depends on the destination that i choose in Europe either is to return via YYZ/YUL. (maybe YVR, but it's much more limited)

Are Montreal and Toronto close to each other on drive time? Which one is closer to Ottawa?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:15 am

...Are Montreal and Toronto close to each other on drive time? Which one is closer to Ottawa?
Google Maps? Google Earth?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Google Maps? Google Earth?
LOL, pardon my question.
Yep, i found it very shortly. Montreal is closer to Ottawa at a 2h drive. and Toronto is the furthest. If i arrive in Montreal or in Toronto i think it would be about the same, as both are not too far on a 5h drive. If i arrive in either of the two Ottawa is doable too. So i can visit Montreal+Ottawa , Toronto+Ottawa. and if i feel more adventurous go in the almost 5h drive from Toronto-Montreal.

Ottawa seems such a nice city near from Montreal and near from Toronto, good geo positioning! It's just Vancouver .... that likes to be far from everyone.

Sorry for the OT.

i wonder who can tell me their personal appreciations of deciding between:Vienna,Zurich,Geneva,Copenhagen, Oslo,Moscow, St Petersburg & Stockholm.

I'm having a hard to choose which of those places i'll like to visit, as each one seems nice. Input would be thankful!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:15 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Availability for SQ25 in Y is wide open if booked in advance. What i don't quite get about ANA tool, is that when i search SQ25 and add another leg. Example FRA-XXX the availability is reduced. ? ...
That sounds like married segment. If so, that is something SQ is doing to control availability based on O/D. Look the term up to better understand it. Anyway, nothing A3 forum can help you with.

i wonder who can tell me their personal appreciations of deciding between:Vienna,Zurich,Geneva,Copenhagen, Oslo,Moscow, St Petersburg & Stockholm.

And that is even more OT. And if I said "Moscow", what help would that be? There is not an objective top-10 list, it all comes down to personal preferences. Or practial issues, like getting a visa to Russia...

I think you will get a better grip on which is best for you by taking a look in the destinations section (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/destinations-704/ and if still unsure, post a question there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.