Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

First Half 2014 Results and a few surprises !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Half 2014 Results and a few surprises !

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Exclamation First Half 2014 Results and a few surprises !

Good news all round. What is more interesting is the % rise at ATH and also the Domestic market.

Significant improvement in traffic, revenue and profitability

4.3 million Passengers

Kifissia, 29 August 2014

AEGEAN reports improved results for the first half of 2014, resulting from the benefits of its network expansion and from cost synergies with Olympic Air. Consolidated revenue increased by 8% to €388.6m, compared to the combined revenue of both companies in 2013. Consolidated Pre-tax earnings reached €22m from €7.2m and after-tax earnings rose to €16m from €6.9m in 2013[1]. It should be noted that due to seasonality first half is traditionally the weakest semester in performance.

ΑEGEAN and Olympic Air carried 4.3m passengers in the first half of 2014, 16% more than the previous year, achieving further improvement on load factor to 76% from 74%, despite the high number of new destinations launched during the period. In June 2014 the company reached a historic milestone by exceeding 1m monthly passengers for the first time. Traffic in the domestic network increased by 19%, driven mainly by lower fares which boosted demand for main markets as well smaller island destinations. International traffic out of the 8 aircraft bases rose by 13%, with Athens registering a higher growth rate of 17%, as the market recovered for the first time since 2008.

As a result of higher demand and improved pre-sales, operating cashflow showed a remarkable improvement to €127m for the first half, driving cash and cash equivalents for the parent company to €357m[2] as of the end of June 2014. Strong cash flows facilitated, in line with expectations, the smooth execution of €1 per share cash return to shareholders (€71m in total) in July 2014, with the company maintaining significantly higher cash reserves versus than 31/12/2013 and therefore the ability to comfortably support its gradual growth plans.

http://en.aegeanair.com/all-about-us...ease/?prid=491
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:58 am

i don't think anybody here cares about that ^
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by sliiide
i don't think anybody here cares about that ^
I guess for most people in this forum "Aegean" means a gold-coloured piece of plastic allowing them to enter AC or UA lounges...

Last edited by KLouis; Sep 2, 2014 at 8:08 pm
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by KLouis
I guess for most people in this forum "Aegean" means a gold-coloured piece of plastic allowing them to enter AC or UA lounges...
You are right on that one. However, we all should be happy that A3 is doing well. These days companies incl. airlines can shut down quickly and then whatever shiny plastic folks have or the miles they credited will be gone / meaningless.

Now with no other major Greek carrier this is not so likley, but financial pressure can lead to other decisions that could impact the attractiveness of the FFP for example, so let's wish A3 continued success.

BD / BMI was great in its days (as an FFP) and see what the troubles with normal operations led too. Today it is gone and surely missed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.