Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Frankfurt to Santorini

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Award Ticket Frankfurt to Santorini

I was hoping to fly from Frankfurt to Santorini using United Airlines Award miles this coming May. From reading through this thread, it looks like it will probably be sometime early October before Aegean posts their Summer schedule. However, I couldn't quite figure out when award seats may show up. Also, when using the United Airlines online search engine, it doesn't seem to recognize JTR as a destination. Would anyone know if this is a valid award routing that would be bookable through United by phone, or would the award only cover me from FRA to ATH. If that's the case, there is currently good award availability on Lufthansa to Athens, so I could at least book that, and pay for the shorter flight to Santorini later. Any thoughts appreciated.

Also, are there any mechanisms available for transferring miles to Aegean. It doesn't look like Starwood, Membership Rewards, or Ultimate Rewards work for this.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:49 am

You'd probably have to ask in the UA forum about how to book such an award with UA miles. I would guess you'd have to go through the UA phone service, if JTR doesn't show up on the online system.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:10 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
There is no reason why it would not be bookable as an award. However the United website may be limited in some way, thus calling may be the better option.

As for loading the inventory: I do not expect awards to be available before the regular paid tickets are. However you could probably check this using the ANA website/Search tool. Or just ask one of the United phone reps
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I'll check the ANA search tool for availability, and give UAL a call when things show up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.