Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EY Codeshare and Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by kiwitrains
Thanks for that it is a business ticket, I am a Air NZ points member I should get points for the Aegean sectors as they are Star Alliance - yes?
NZ's lowest fare Trans-Tasman flights does not earn miles with M&B, so double check your fare class to make sure.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
A3/EY Code Share Flights for Gold Retention?

Originally Posted by Jma12
Just confirm with the Agent at Aegean. Unfortunately, EY codeshare does not earn any miles! I was about to top up my A3 account!
I live in Kuwait and need to visit Greece in January. I remember seeing press releases stating part of the code share agreement between A3 & EY stipulated that A3 was to fly 4 times a week on the ATH-AUH route, but when I searched the A3 website for these flights on A3 metal, only the code share flights using EY metal appear. Do the flights on A3 metal only operate in the summer?

The above quote clearly states that the EY code share flights earn no A3 miles, but does anyone know if, since they are A3 flight numbers sold on the A3 website and no actual A3-metal flights operate, would they count toward the 4 segments one needs to retain Gold at the 12K-mile threshold?

Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
No. The agent specifically said to me that I will not earn any miles on that flight. You can, however, redeem for the EY flight with A3 miles from ATH-AUH.

I assume that if I don't earn any miles, then it does not count as the 4 segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.