Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Singapore or Aegean or Turkish for status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Dear all,

I have recently moved to Singapore and thus been collecting miles through Singapore Airlines Krisflyer. As my new status year is beginning now and I didn't manage to get Star Alliance Gold, I am questioning whether I should continue to collect miles on Star Alliance flights through Krisflyer.

I am aware that Aegean and Turkish may have the better system to collect miles, however heard a couple of months ago, they would be changing their rules to make it more difficult to achieve Star Alliance Gold through them as well.

Therefore, I would like to check with you guys whether Aegean / Turkish are still the first choice program for Star Alliance miles collection or if should rather move to a different program or even stay with Krisflyer.

Many thanks in advance,
David
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:31 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by davide13
I didn't manage to get Star Alliance Gold, I am questioning whether I should continue to collect miles on Star Alliance flights through Krisflyer.
Before deciding which FFP to credit your flights to, you should check your upcoming and previous flights to see how many (if any) miles you would earn for your booking classes (e.g., for A3 earning on SQ, look here). E.g., I think many of the SQ "sweet deals" don't earn any miles on many other FFPs than Krisflyer (maybe not even there?).

Originally Posted by davide13
I am aware that Aegean and Turkish may have the better system to collect miles, however heard a couple of months ago, they would be changing their rules to make it more difficult to achieve Star Alliance Gold through them as well.
Do you have a source for this information? I can't say that I've heard anything like that for A3.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:22 am
Original Poster

All upcoming flights to Europe in Economy. Don' know the booking class yet since I haven't booked. Previous flights on Thai, SQ and LH to Europe.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:34 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Usually fairly straightforward with SQ - book anything semi-flex or above and you get 100% miles. Book below and you get nothing outside their own FFP. However, semi-flex is normally only about £50-100 different from the non-mileage earning classes, so worth paying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.