Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Air India

Air India is officially part of *A, here's the earning chart:

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...arn-miles/#AIR INDIA

What are your thoughts?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Thanks for posting! I had looked earlier today, and the table had not yet been added.

I'm glad to see that Biz Class earns 200%.

Economy is a bit disappointing - lots of non-earning classes, with the remainder just at 50%.

In comparison, Lufthansa's Miles & More awards 150% for Economy B & Y, and 100% for Economy V, making it more generous for these classes.

Lufty awards 0% for First Class P*, 150% for Business Z, 25% for Economy G & W, making it less generous for these classes.

(*P earns 300% in Miles & Bonus, as do the other First fares - F, A)

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

Other than Lufthy not giving anything for P, the remaining non-earning classes are the same between both programmes.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:42 am

AI have some very good consol fares in Biz class ex UK via India to the Far East. So it might be a good earner at that ratio. Also I believe they offer the same attractive fares from other EU Airports.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 2:53 am

So disappointed to see Y, B, M, H, K, Q,V, W, G earn only 50%
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by IBstudent
So disappointed to see Y, B, M, H, K, Q,V, W, G earn only 50%
Right, but *G Aegean status is only 20 k miles ! Heads or tails !
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by szczurwa
Right, but *G Aegean status is only 20 k miles ! Heads or tails !
In 50% earning classes, that effectively becomes 40k miles, not 20k miles.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
In 50% earning classes, that effectively becomes 40k miles, not 20k miles.
Right, but ultimately we should not forget, that A3 is Frequent Flyer Program, not Occasional Flyer

My second FFP offers me Star Gold for 100k miles. Flying on low fares in Europe you can gain 125 miles per sector +25 % bonus if you flying with integrated airlines (LH, LX, SN, LO, OS, OU etc.), effectively 157 miles. It is only 637 sectors during 12 months to get Miles&More Senator (*G). Or 160 sectors if you book in semi-flex classes. My *G in Aegean gained for circa 25 European flights (SAS Plus 10 sectors, rest A3, LH and LX semi-flex fares). Distinct difference.

Thanks, that God has created Aegean ;-)
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While all of what you said is true, it is not particularly relevant to the topic. But then, neither was the "Gold at 20k" riposte.

All stated targets are numerically valid only for 100% earning rates. When you fly in premium cabins that are awarded at greater than 100% - fantastic! You don't even have to fly as far as the posted distance in order to reach the threshold! But when you fly in discount economy classes that earn at less than 100% - you have to fly further (mybe several orders of magnitude further) to reach the threshold.

And what traveller - frequent or infrequent - would not want 100% on ALL economy fares? (Only those who fly in premium cabins and are worried about the "ease" with which the plebs at the back can earn miles, thereby "devaluing" their own stash of miles, that's who!!!).
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by irishguy28
And what traveller - frequent or infrequent - would not want 100% on ALL economy fares? (Only those who fly in premium cabins and are worried about the "ease" with which the plebs at the back can earn miles, thereby "devaluing" their own stash of miles, that's who!!!).
Going OT here, but the biggest danger to the premium-cabin mileage hoarders is not the bottom-feeders* devaluing their miles, but the hoarders themselves failing to understand earning and redemption are two completely separate games that are only related in the sense that they both affect a common currency.

But yeah, 50% (or the accursed 25%) is a pain and really just added degree of difficulty to the game. I want 100% as much as anyone - although now that I've got *G I suddenly have less concern about earning classes. It's liberating. In some ways the reduced rates makes A3 more of a FF program, because it rewards those who have the wherewithall to game the system or those who just take that 25% and hammer it to death with lots and lots of travel. Meaning, effectively, that A3*G = AC E75k which again brings up the quote:
Originally Posted by The illustrious Dr. Jeff, game theory savant
Sure you can do it that way, unless you want to win.
Said as someone waiting for three 100%-earning segments to post.

*I freely accept I am a bottom feeder in the eyes of many an AC SE, and now I can finally travel with my A3 *G tag on my carry-on just to rub it in. To paraphrase the internet:
Originally Posted by The Internets
Im in ur lounj, eatin' ur cookiez
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Going OT here, but the biggest danger to the premium-cabin mileage hoarders is not the bottom-feeders* devaluing their miles, but the hoarders themselves failing to understand earning and redemption are two completely separate games that are only related in the sense that they both affect a common currency.

But yeah, 50% (or the accursed 25%) is a pain and really just added degree of difficulty to the game. I want 100% as much as anyone - although now that I've got *G I suddenly have less concern about earning classes. It's liberating. In some ways the reduced rates makes A3 more of a FF program, because it rewards those who have the wherewithall to game the system or those who just take that 25% and hammer it to death with lots and lots of travel. Meaning, effectively, that A3*G = AC E75k which again brings up the quote:

Said as someone waiting for three 100%-earning segments to post.

*I freely accept I am a bottom feeder in the eyes of many an AC SE, and now I can finally travel with my A3 *G tag on my carry-on just to rub it in. To paraphrase the internet:
Same here, after I reached Gold with A3, I do not care about earning class as much. My AP account is strictly for Credit Card churning right now, while all my paid fare goes to A3.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by J_rob129
My AP account .
What is it AP ? Aeroplan ? AirPoints ?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by szczurwa
What is it AP ? Aeroplan ? AirPoints ?
Aeropeso (Aeroplan)
Old Jul 19, 2014, 2:42 pm
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Originally Posted by The Internets
Im in ur lounj, eatin' ur cookiez
^ lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.