Wiki Posts
Search

Access to Security Control Fast Lane

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Access to Security Control Fast Lane

What is your experience getting access to security control fast lane?

Aegean states that Gold members get fast lane access at the following airports: Athens International Airport, Chania, Heraklion, Rhodes, Thessaloniki, London-Gatwick, London-Heathrow, Barcelona, Brussels, Budapest, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva, Madrid, Milan-Malpensa**, Moscow-Domodedovo, Munich, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Prague, Rome-Fiumicino, Stuttgart, Tel Aviv.

Does this benefit also apply if you fly on another Star Alliance partner?

Is it enough to have A3*G on your boarding pass? Or do you also need the physical card?

Thanks!
Old May 22, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
In ATH it works flying any *A with A3*G BP or card (you need stickers from the lounge or checkin)
In BUD it only works flying A3
In MUC it works flying any from T2 with A3*G BP or card

So in some airports there is a general *G fastlane, sometimes you need a sticker, sometimes you only get the sticker from the airline if you fly with them.
Old May 22, 2014, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Good to know! I'm most interested in the big hubs: LHR, FRA, MUC, etc since I fly threw those airports most often.

Maybe we can try to build a list of all airports with a general *G fastlane (if that is not available elsewhere).
Old May 22, 2014, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by vd0t
Good to know! I'm most interested in the big hubs: LHR, FRA, MUC, etc since I fly threw those airports most often.

Maybe we can try to build a list of all airports with a general *G fastlane (if that is not available elsewhere).
Waste of effort IMHO
For FRA and MUC tips, search for keywords in these forums:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...hread-169.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...merged-74.html
Old May 23, 2014, 3:11 am

Programs: A3*G
In BRU : besides A3, works with SN, presumably LX, LO, UA
In GVA : besides A3, works with SN, LX, presumably OZ, MS, LO, LH, UA, does not work with SK

No sticker required, the (electronic) boarding pass from SN or LX with A3*G is enough.
Old May 23, 2014, 8:20 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
In LHR, any *A airline will work in T1 & T3 (and presumably therefore in T2 when it opens).

In fact, I've been allowed in the Fast Track lane in T1, whilst flying *A, on the strength of a BA Gold luggage tag! 'So long as you've got a gold card from someone that's fine Sir'!
Old May 24, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
Don't you need a paper type invite for the fast lane at LHR T3? They didn't really care when I came through recently but whats the official policy?
Old May 24, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: A3*G, AB G, LA Plat, AY Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Expl, BestW Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, ClubC Gold

At FRA and MUC works for any *G flying any *A.

Also it seems that at FRA it works for anyone no matter what status or travel class. There is an automated gate and I was flying in Economy with the friend who was only *S (not FTL) and the priority security gate still let him though
Old May 24, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: Aegean M&B Gold, SAS EBB, Hilton Hhonors Gold
It worked twice when flying LH from Miami.
Old May 25, 2014, 1:41 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
At LHR T3, you'll find that if you're in Y then the auto scanner won't work and you'll have to produce a physical Gold card - but definitely no paper.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Was there supposed to be a special line at MUC? I only saw Economy and then Business/First class, but no mention of *G. Unless it is the same line as Business/First, though it was just as long as the Economy line yesterday.
Old May 25, 2014, 11:45 pm

Was there supposed to be a special line at MUC? I only saw Economy and then Business/First class, but no mention of *G. Unless it is the same line as Business/First, though it was just as long as the Economy line yesterday.
They let you in as *G. But the thing is MUC is so efficient and fast that I also just you the eco lines because they are actually faster.

rant:
I hate waiting for yuppies to get off their belts and find the hidden scissor in their bags. A average eco person can do security faster than the average C/F pax
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
In LHR, any *A airline will work in T1 & T3 (and presumably therefore in T2 when it opens).

In fact, I've been allowed in the Fast Track lane in T1, whilst flying *A, on the strength of a BA Gold luggage tag! 'So long as you've got a gold card from someone that's fine Sir'!
I did not know this. Thanks - will try it next time. To be clear this is for security clearance when before boarding (not immigration on arrival)?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by ukflyer1
I did not know this. Thanks - will try it next time. To be clear this is for security clearance when before boarding (not immigration on arrival)?
yes. the latter is always known as "immigration" or "passport control".

i have just walked up in the past without any elite status and been let through. As with free changes, upgrades or anything else - just ask the right way.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:09 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
At AMS it seems that access is actually not supposed to be given, at least not officially. Last thursday morning it was mighty crowded at AMS (30+ minutes wait for Shengen security) and the fast lane guy checked a list - which didn't include A3. He let me use it anyway, but still. Not guaranteed to work..

Somehow I always figured that having Star Gold was enough at Amsterdam, but it seems that this is not the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.