Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to Security Control Fast Lane

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I recently flew with TK out of MAN, and i received fast track security, even though this is not on the list.

Interesting that on this list is Tel Aviv, which for a long time did not have fast track, and only recently made a fast track, but ONLY for passengers flying business or first (or those who paid for the service) and NOT for those only with status. See this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/el-al...track-tlv.html .

I also sent an email to the Israel Airport Association, who confirmed that at the moment only business or first passengers get fast track, but they forwarded my request to include status holders (maybe by making some agreement with different alliances) to the relevant department.

Maybe someone could provide updated information about *A Gold privileges regarding Fast track security?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: A3*G
Fast track (security) is not an official *G benefit. However, just as the (in)famous blocked middle seat, it's an unofficial benefit - sometimes it's there/it works, sometimes not. It's really dependent on the airport.

FRA, MUC, DUS, LHR all work in my experience. In DUS, it even works with the scanner - @LHR T2, I've given up on the scanner (SK/LX), I now go directly to the desk and show my BP and A3*G card.

My favorite is CPH, where fast track has evolved into a science: For starters, there are two fast tracks, one for SAS pax only, and one as part of the general security check. Pax entitled to use SAS fast track are SAS plus (or better) pax, SAS Golds (or better), and AFAIK LH HONs. Some * airlines allow *G to use the general security check fast track @CPH on their flights - my A3*G worked on LX and TP operated flights. Interestingly, if you're a mere LH SEN, you can't use any fast track @CPH - that is, if you fly LH or SK. If you fly LX or TP (there are more, but I don't have the list at the moment), you should be able to use the general security fast track.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:31 am

I've had good success traveling Economy on AC and UA in North America (YHZ, YYZ, YUL, YVR, LAX).

I think it also worked at AKL flying NZ (intl).

(BTW: If you have a Diners Club card, you get fast lane access in VIE whenever there is a fast lane. That depends on the gate area.

YUL offers a text message connected appointment system, that helps you jump a good part of the queue when you can't use the fast lane.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.