Wiki Posts
Search

Star A Lounges at ATH Airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Star A Lounges at ATH Airport

Next year I will be flying Aegean Airlines domestic (inter island) and ATH-LHR.
Are there * A lounges near the Aegean gates?
I am *A gold.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:16 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Before security in Athens. Your BP will be stamped for priority security upon lounge entrance.

There is the A3 and LH lounge. Not sure if youre allowed to use the LH lounge when flying A3 though.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Thank you

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Before security in Athens. Your BP will be stamped for priority security upon lounge entrance.

There is the A3 and LH lounge. Not sure if youre allowed to use the LH lounge when flying A3 though.
thank you
Old Dec 1, 2013, 12:26 pm

You're allowed to use either of them (they're next to each other). I personally prefer the A3 one, although I know people who prefer the LH lounge. I guess it's purely a matter of taste. Of course, given the OA/A3 merger, you may even be allowed to use tha OA lounge. This one is darker and has a "classy" feeling.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by KLouis
You're allowed to use either of them (they're next to each other). I personally prefer the A3 one, although I know people who prefer the LH lounge. I guess it's purely a matter of taste. Of course, given the OA/A3 merger, you may even be allowed to use tha OA lounge. This one is darker and has a "classy" feeling.
Btw which lounge is better for an early morning quick breakfast?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by kanor
Btw which lounge is better for an early morning quick breakfast?
As i said, I prefer the A3 one. More light, good coffee, excellent spinach pies, etc. Could be crowded very early (i.e. before the ~9am international departure wave), which is the only downside.

PS Talking about breakfast and X'mas coming soon, I hope they get the same kourambiedes and melomakarona like in previous years...
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:01 am

As i said, I prefer the A3 one. More light, good coffee, excellent spinach pies, etc. Could be crowded very early (i.e. before the ~9am international departure wave), which is the only downside.
thanks, will check those pies!
I am flying out at 6am with LH1755 so I guess I will avoid the crowd.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:26 am

PS Talking about breakfast and X'mas coming soon, I hope they get the same kourambiedes and melomakarona like in previous years...
Personally I prefer the LH one, mostly based on the food - I prefer sandwiches over spinach pie. The LH one also gets very crowded though, especially around lunch time.

Until when will they have the kourambiedes? My first *A flight out of Athens will be end of January. Until then only Skyteam flights for me.

By the by, the goldair lounge also has improved: they now offer some hot food (soup) and a few extra items like a rice/couscous dish and selery sticks with dipping sauce.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:20 am

I was a bit disappointed with the A3 lounge, this morning they only had "sweet" breakfast stuff and I prefer "salty". But otherwise its quite a nice place.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:31 am

I was a bit disappointed with the A3 lounge, this morning they only had "sweet" breakfast stuff and I prefer "salty". But otherwise its quite a nice place.
That amazes me! Are you sure you didn't mistakenly think that the pies in the penultimate pie "box" were sweet, which are, indeed, in the last one! Usually they refill the salty pies continuously until about noon, they then switch to cheese and small sandwiches.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:59 am

That amazes me! Are you sure you didn't mistakenly think that the pies in the penultimate pie "box" were sweet, which are, indeed, in the last one! Usually they refill the salty pies continuously until about noon, they then switch to cheese and small sandwiches.
Hmm well, I had 10 minutes so I just grabbed a coke, an apple, and sampled 4 pies/cookies on random, which all turned out to be sweet.
Btw if its really the operating carrier (LH in this case) paying for the lounge than I just made an inverse lounge leeching
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:10 am

Hmm well, I had 10 minutes so I just grabbed a coke, an apple, and sampled 4 pies/cookies on random, which all turned out to be sweet.
Btw if its really the operating carrier (LH in this case) paying for the lounge than I just made an inverse lounge leeching
Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:52 am

Was in the OA one last week sadly no Kourabiedes or Melomakarona but they did have great Koulourakia. I actually did not miss the Melomakarona as I had OD on it the last three weeks in Greece Sadly they have removed the nice Olympic coffee cups and non branded ones are there. Lucky I accidentally dropped a few in my bag last time I was there !
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:54 am

Lol, youre taking the porcelain? Not sure if I'd want these cups *that* much
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:28 am

I complained today to the lounge fairies in ATH (and my to flight's purser before that): melomakarona and kourambiedes will only be available after Monday, 23 December! Since I have no flights planned till mid-January, this is a big disappointment: for 20 seconds I even thought of going back to Skyteam

Last edited by KLouis; Dec 20, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.