Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

AEGEAN: 23% international traffic increase in May and June 2013 & 15% ATH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2013, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Some more welcome news for A3 and also ATH which has taken a hit over the years. Long may it last and looking forward to the Jul/Aug figures.

AEGEAN: 23% international traffic increase in May and June 2013

Kifissia, 4 July 2013

AEGEAN recorded a 23% increase on its international flights in the period May-June 2013, the first two months of the main tourist season, compared with the same period in 2012, with a total of 814,546 passengers taking Aegean flights.

This increase is the result of steps taken by the company to expand its international network with 32 new international routes, as well as the further development of its activity from the bases it maintains in Athens and the country’s main regional airports.

More specifically, there was significant growth in international passenger traffic during the two-month period May-June 2013 from the company’s main bases, i.e. those locations where a significant number of aircraft are based [Athens (15%), Thessaloniki (23%), Herakleion (34%) and Rhodes (40%)], but also from bases operating just one aircraft, such as Corfu (19%), Kos (new base - 155%) and Kalamata (new base 274%), locations from which the company has achieved increased levels of activity to new destinations.

http://en.aegeanair.com/all-about-us...ease/?prid=431
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:39 am
Original Poster

July figures are looking positive and more so at ATH. Year on year ATH / A3 bucked the trend with a 15% increase in passenger numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.