Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in CDG T1 with Agean

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2013, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access in CDG T1 with Agean

I am hoping for some advice please, sorry if I have posted in the wrong area.

In May we arrive 7 am into CDG departing @ 13:05 to ATH in business with Agean. I asked them which lounge we will have access to, their response was *Alliance if you are gold member.

6 hrs in CDG - any suggestions what we can do in that time ? visit other terminals etc...

I believe we can have access to *Alliance lounge flying business, possibly Lufthansa & SAS ??. Can anyone recommend which lounges that we could access & the best ? Probably love a shower by then. I have been researching but still unsure.

tks in advance
Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...lounge-finder/

Star Alliance Lounge Finder... Simple put in your flight information and ticket and membership status. It will let you know which lounges you are qualified to access.

Base on the search, you should qualify for several Star Alliance lounges in CDG, even with no membership status, but traveling in Lufthansa Business Class.

Including..
Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge in Terminal 2A
Lufthansa Business Lounge in Terminal 1, Satellite 6
SAS Business Lounge in Terminal 1, Satellite 7 (no shower facilities)
Star Alliance Lounge in Terminal 1, 10th Floor
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:58 am

Going to visit other terminals will provide you with zero entertainment. 2E and its satellites is really fine, but only after the security check, so nothing there for you. Otherwise, all terminals before security are crowded, dark, and have very few stores. In other words, find a *A lounge as suggested by iamaho and spend the six hours there...
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:02 am
Original Poster

thank you both
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Just bear in mind that CDG T1 (LH, LX) is such a depressing terminal, just experienced again a couple of days ago!
And LH SEN/Biz lounge is underground without any windows, such a long layover could enforce more depression.
Therefore, I'd rather take a train to the city - by all means avoid any taxi in the morning rush hour - and enjoy some daylight!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
No issue to enter *A lounge in T1 with A3 mobile BP.
They do scan it and check your *G card.

For immigration, I use PARAPHE, the automated gateway : no question asked by the machine as it does not bother about your bp.

Didn't try to ask at the check-in the other possibilities.
Old May 6, 2014, 3:22 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The lounge that is currently used for A3 flights at CDG1 is the SK lounge, close to the boarding gates, past security. It is not too large, but it is pleasant, as it is located on the same level as the boarding area, and therefore enjoys natural light. Wines are best forgotten, as well as the plastic cutlery.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 5:43 am

I went to the SAS lounge at CDG to have a last cup of coffee the other day. The (male) lounge dragon scanned my BC and also wanted to see my physical gold card. He looked at the validity, was satisfied and he let me in. Previously, at the *A lounge, they had only scanned my BC. At any rate, this was the first time in ages that I had to show my gold card entering a lounge.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
>>> great lounge, good food and drink selection, some very quiet areas and if you smoke there is a roof top terrace for smokers.

Best choice at T1 : SAS lounge is small and quite bad, LH (sen or business) are depressing (underground lounge) and selection is very poor (even sen).
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by frenchft
>>> great lounge, good food and drink selection, some very quiet areas and if you smoke there is a roof top terrace for smokers.

Best choice at T1 : SAS lounge is small and quite bad, LH (sen or business) are depressing (underground lounge) and selection is very poor (even sen).
The SAS lounge was only for a fast espresso, I also spent quite some time at the *A lounge. It's only problem in that one was the extremely uncomfortable seats (I tried four or five different ones). Other than that, it's a fine lounge.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:09 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by KLouis
It's only problem in that one was the extremely uncomfortable seats (I tried four or five different ones).
The lounge is so small and overcrowded that they want you to leave ASAP Thus uncomfortable seats...
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Last month, SAS lounge would only allow in Aegean pax who were Star gold. Aegean business pax who were not Star gold were not allowed in and had to use a lounge(can't remember which one, LH?) that was in a completely different concourse from where the flight left. Just fyi.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:05 am

I was not flying business and I had already spent a few hours at the *A lounge.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by frenchft

What selection is very poor at the CDG T1 SEN lounge? I was there yesterday and compared to usual lounges in Europe, it is one of the best food selection I have ever come across. Drinks are also above average in terms of quality. But well, it is small, overcrowded, no natural light and a bit depressing.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:36 am

There is obviously a misunderstanding: I was talking about entering the SAS lounge and the seats in the *A lounge (nothing about food or drinks), frenchft wrote positively about food etc., in the latter and negatively about the former, while you are talking about the LH lounge, a place that none of us described recently in this thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.