Search

Retro credit from before enrollment?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Retro credit from before enrollment?

Would it be possible to retro credit from before enrollment? Or is retro credit only possible for the max time listed, but only from date of enrollment?

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...ms-conditions/

MILES ACCRUAL FROM STAR-ALLIANCE FLIGHTS:

Each member-passenger must indicate his/her Account Number when reserving an airline ticket, and present the Card at check-in. Otherwise proper registration of the Miles will not be possible. Ticket coupons or receipts, boarding passes, and/or any other relevant documentary evidence should be retained by the Member until the Miles attributable to the Star Alliance flights appear in his/her account. AEGEAN may, at its discretion, determine whether the documents submitted by the Member constitute sufficient proof or not.
In the event that earned Miles do not appear in the Account one working day following the flight event, please fill out the online request form to retroactively claim the flight’s miles (through the Online Miles&Bonus Account Management on AEGEAN’s website, www.aegeanair.com). The application is processed by Aegean within 14 calendar days from its submission, while the corresponding miles will be credited to the Member's Account after two (2) weeks, at the latest, upon a reply from the Star Alliance member-carrier that executed the flight in question. Existing Miles&Bonus members can claim their miles retroactively for flights that took place up to 12 months prior to their retro-claim request (exception: Air New Zealand, LOT Polish, South Africa Airways and TAP Portugal, for which retro-claim is viable for flights taken place up to 6 months prior to retro-claim request)
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:07 am

What you cite does not answer your question. I'd suggest you call them and ask. I remember, years ago, that several programs "officially" allowed that (e.g. Flying Dutchman for flights within -6 months from enrollment), but if this is not mentioned in their site, only they (i.e. M&B) could give you a definite answer.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by KLouis
What you cite does not answer your question. I'd suggest you call them and ask. I remember, years ago, that several programs "officially" allowed that (e.g. Flying Dutchman for flights within -6 months from enrollment), but if this is not mentioned in their site, only they (i.e. M&B) could give you a definite answer.
Absolutely. I was hoping someone had run into this before.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by travelkid
Would it be possible to retro credit from before enrollment? Or is retro credit only possible for the max time listed, but only from date of enrollment?

yes its possible to retro credit any flight in the past 6 Months, even before enrollment.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 3:39 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by travel agent
yes its possible to retro credit any flight in the past 6 Months, even before enrollment.
I can confirm this. An acquaintance of mine enrolled in September last year, and was able to retro claim a flight made in June. The retro claim took place in late December or early January, so it was actually a nice surprise that such a late claim was allowed by M&B.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 White, HH Gold, Accor Plat.
Hoping this might work for a United flight I took in Jan. United speifically say that they do not credit before joining so here's hoping.

I will endavour to remember to post back with how i got on.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 White, HH Gold, Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by jonboy73
Hoping this might work for a United flight I took in Jan. United speifically say that they do not credit before joining so here's hoping.

I will endavour to remember to post back with how i got on.
As i kind of promised - an update.

Success!! the miles posted! only 546 miles, but miles are miles!

Last edited by jonboy73; Feb 23, 2013 at 9:45 am Reason: carect splelling mistook
Old Feb 25, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Yep, sure does work.
Old May 27, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: A3 Aegean *Gold
One more confirmation that the answer is yes, you can retro credit from before enrollment. I accidentally booked LAX to ZRH in Swiss K class which accrues -0- miles on United. :-( However, I just resubmitted the miles using my new A3 account and they deposited 50% of the mileage as stated! Now I'm only 37 miles short of *S. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.