Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Mileage accrual on mileage upgraded flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, TK*G, A3*G

Hey guys, sorry I just want to ask if anyone has had any issues with A3 mileage accrual on upgraded *A flights - I purchased a full fare 'E' ticket with SQ and upgraded it with miles to Business Saver "I". Once I did that, my Krisflyer mileage accrual dropped to '0' - probably "I" is automatically not recognised as an accruing fare class.

I wonder if A3 M&B would have any issues recognising that this is an upgraded ticket and give me my miles based my original class of purchase. I understand that full award redemption tickets for Business Savers are also booked in "I" class , no ?

Many thanks !
Old Jul 29, 2012, 1:21 am

In theory they should, but in practice? If the I fare class is not in A3's system you will have to start an email exchange with them explaining the matter, which will be "complicated" by additional email exchanges between them and SQ. Whether (and when) this will eventually end positively is unknown. Try and see, nothing else to say...
Old Aug 9, 2012, 3:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
Same here, upgraded a "Q" class in a LH flight to "I" thru SACP. Mileage accrued on all segments but the one upgraded.

Any hint about what/how to fix this?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:45 am

As I said, lots of patience and willingness to send emails.

By the way, why does a LH SEN goes for A3 Gold? I simply can't find a single reason.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flozano
Same here, upgraded a "Q" class in a LH flight to "I" thru SACP. Mileage accrued on all segments but the one upgraded.

Any hint about what/how to fix this?
Email to A3 with copies of not only the boarding pass buy also the receipt showing the purchased Q class fare, plus any other documentation you have about the upgrade. Make it very clear that you purchased the Q class ticket, tell them the price you paid, and stress that miles were used for the upgrade and this was not a free/award ticket.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by KLouis
As I said, lots of patience and willingness to send emails.

By the way, why does a LH SEN goes for A3 Gold? I simply can't find a single reason.
It is much easier to maintain *Gold on A3 than on LH, where SEN (*Gold) requires many more status miles every two years.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by KLouis
Thanks for answering.

Actually this question is for a work colleague who flies much less than me, so I recommended him A3 instead.

I also have A3 status coming from a status match *A made when JK died some months ago - I decided to take it with A3 just in case my current flying patterns change and because it's very easy (for now?) to keep the status.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Email to A3 with copies of not only the boarding pass buy also the receipt showing the purchased Q class fare, plus any other documentation you have about the upgrade. Make it very clear that you purchased the Q class ticket, tell them the price you paid, and stress that miles were used for the upgrade and this was not a free/award ticket.
Ok, will do so, thanks a lot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.