Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG Terminal & Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2021, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
CDG Terminal & Lounge

Hi,
Sounds that T1 at CDG is still closed, unfortunately, do you know from which terminal A3 operates in Paris and what lounges pax are sent (C and/or *A gold).
Thanks for your feedback.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
I am flying A3 business class tomorrow from CDG to Athens. Terminal is 2B ... and unfortunately no lounge is available.
I will keep you posted if I have good news, but I doubt it.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Oh great. Thanks.
I'm interested in your report.
Will fly next week.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Update :

Flown last week. There is no more lounge for *A gold members at CDG... and the bad news is that Terminal 1 will not reopen before 2023 the earliest (confirmed by few people working at airport).
There is a lounge (dirty, poor selection, noisy because of renovation at the door of the lounge - you can't have a phone call, it's massive noise, at 10am it was no food, just some tired small breads and butter). Only positive point (I don't see others): there is real champagne in this lounge. This lounge is only accessible for business class pax, whatever their status. Gold are denied entry. This lounge is located between 2B and 2D and the only one in the part of the airport, their also allow priority pass if needed. VERY disappointed when gold not flying C.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:25 pm

What is the name of the lounge you mention ?
I flew from CDG 2B to Athens business class last week, and was told that "no lounge is available".
The woman said that the lounge in this terminal was still being built !
Aegean, in that case, does not meet the exceptions of travelers flying business class.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
What is the name of the lounge you mention ?
I flew from CDG 2B to Athens business class last week, and was told that "no lounge is available".
The woman said that the lounge in this terminal was still being built !
Aegean, in that case, does not meet the exceptions of travelers flying business class.
the lounge is sheltair Lounge. It’s used by all star alliance airlines that used to be at T1. I flown Friday 1st October and it was this lounge for C class pax. It’s not at terminal B. It’s terminal D (but its 2 minutes from 2B.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:42 am
Original Poster

What is true is that there is (and it’s not COVID related) any lounge at 2B and the only one accessible easily is the one at 2D.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Originally Posted by frenchft
What is true is that there is (and it’s not COVID related) any lounge at 2B and the only one accessible easily is the one at 2D.
According to Air Canada the Maple Leaf Lounge at 2A is now open during morning hours, did you attempt to visit that one?
N1120A likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bellerophontes
According to Air Canada the Maple Leaf Lounge at 2A is now open during morning hours, did you attempt to visit that one?
you can’t reach 2A from 2B. They are not linked as far as I know. And if you could it means a very long walk going through train station and I don’t think there is air side (and even if possible means going non Schengen area). Sounds too complicated and I think it’s not possible anyway.
bellerophontes likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:53 pm

I have sent an email requesting compensation for lack of service for business class passengers, ie no access to a lounge at CDG as advertised. I will keep you updated with the answer.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 5:11 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Terminal 2B and 2D are essentially the same terminal after they were linked with a new building. It is some of the nicest public space at CDG with fine dining and shopping options, and an excellent atmosphere. But no proper lounge which is a stunning omission!
Old Oct 10, 2021, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Braniff
Terminal 2B and 2D are essentially the same terminal after they were linked with a new building. It is some of the nicest public space at CDG with fine dining and shopping options, and an excellent atmosphere. But no proper lounge which is a stunning omission!
Yes. I’m so used to terminal 1… lot of people hate it but when you are used to it it’s easy to navigate and it’s the home of *A at cdg. Hope they will re open
as planned in 2023.
cad-spe likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
It was pretty shocking to see just how much was closed in 2A back in August, despite full flights to a bunch of places. There was one little food court style restaurant open and it was rammed, as expected. AA had 3 full flights and hadn't reopened their lounge. UA/AC/TK were all running from there and the AC lounge wasn't open yet. Pretty lame.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N1120A
It was pretty shocking to see just how much was closed in 2A back in August, despite full flights to a bunch of places. There was one little food court style restaurant open and it was rammed, as expected. AA had 3 full flights and hadn't reopened their lounge. UA/AC/TK were all running from there and the AC lounge wasn't open yet. Pretty lame.
2a never been a *A terminal. Air Canada was pre covid only open for air Canada flights. As I remember Austrian and Ethiopian were flying from there. Anyway they have to bring back terminal one. Tired of this ...... low cost terminals.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by frenchft
2a never been a *A terminal. Air Canada was pre covid only open for air Canada flights. As I remember Austrian and Ethiopian were flying from there. Anyway they have to bring back terminal one. Tired of this ...... low cost terminals.
I know it was a unique situation there, but it seems to me like they could use the resources they have for the time being. Also, didn't AC work with one other *A carrier that was in 2?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.