[UK-based] A3 Gold with a trip in Asia?

Subscribe
Hello,

First of all apologies if I am not posting in the correct forum or if I don't use the proper lingo, but I'm a newbie here

I have taken a month off this April to travel to Asia, and I am planning on becoming A3 Gold in the process (currently 1250 miles only).

I have done a little bit of search using the different engines provided in the MR forum, and I fell upon this routing:
LHR-NRT-SIN-KUL-BKK-KHG-LHR in Y for around 2500GBP (combination of different *A airlines)

I have a few questions:
1) How to know which class of service matches each fare? (e.g. if booked through SQ website I only have the ITA fare, but not the class of service it belongs to)
2) Any ideas on how to maximize the routing, and eventually diminish the cost of it?(e.g. maybe a LHR-FRA-NRT instead of LHR-NRT)

Thanks in advance for your help!
PapyPiHi
all I can say is 2500 UKP is a very high price for Y ,

Just for fun try Air Canada or United thru North America and see if that works , even if its 2 tickets ,

Flights from LAX to BKK are $1200 or so on United and I bet that a London to Los Angeles flight is not even $1000 at that time of year ,

Just a thought ....

RB
You could get LHR-KUL in C for GBP1600 with MS/Egyptair...and a stopover in BKK too.
I managed to get DUB-ZRH-BKK-SIN-BKK-ZRH-DUB for £1,700 in C later this year A3*G in one shot (well assuming nothing has changed with the programme by then - fingers crossed!)
Athens is also a fertile hunting ground for good J fares to almost anywhere at the moment.

You could fly a roundtrip on A3 from LHR -ATH in Y (to keep the ridiculous UK departure taxes under control) and then buy a roundtrip to Asia from ATH in J

*A options would include Lufthansa and Swiss but some particularly good deals on Turkish. Plan the flight times right and you can enjoy the free Istanbul city tour and then have a shower and enjoy the kebabs and coffee in their excellent new lounge too.. :-)
Thanks for your answers!

After looking at the different options suggested above, I went for the DUB-ZRH-BKK-SIN-BKK-ZRH-DUB in Z for 1700GBP... looking forward to enjoying the lounges
Quote: Thanks for your answers!

After looking at the different options suggested above, I went for the DUB-ZRH-BKK-SIN-BKK-ZRH-DUB in Z for 1700GBP... looking forward to enjoying the lounges
Woo Glad you liked my suggestion and hope you have a great trip - I'm really looking forward to trying out LX C later this year! (almost managed to nab a Hilton Dublin Airport room for about £35 in their Any Weekend Anywhere sale )
Quote: Thanks for your answers!

Don't miss the massages in the lounges (obviously not in ZRH nor in DUB)!
Quote: Don't miss the massages in the lounges (obviously not in ZRH nor in DUB)!
I think the massages in BKK (Assume you mean the Royal orchid Spa.?) are for J and F pax on TG metal only..
Quote: I think the massages in BKK (Assume you mean the Royal orchid Spa.?) are for J and F pax on TG metal only..
Yes, that what I was thinking too, although would be pleased to be told that wasn't the case Have actually currently got a TG J leg BKK-SIN on my way back from AKL on that trip so even still might be able to make use of it (although hopefully will be able to switch to a slightly more direct SQ routing in which case I won't be travelling through BKK on TG)
Quote: Woo Glad you liked my suggestion and hope you have a great trip - I'm really looking forward to trying out LX C later this year! (almost managed to nab a Hilton Dublin Airport room for about £35 in their Any Weekend Anywhere sale )
Well, that is going to be difficult to grab such a price, as I'll take off from DUB on Easter Monday...

Quote:
I think the massages in BKK (Assume you mean the Royal orchid Spa.?) are for J and F pax on TG metal only.
Damn, I'll be flying SQ on SIN-BKK...I assume I can use the SQ lounge in SIN or BKKthen? Is it any good?
Quote: Well, that is going to be difficult to grab such a price, as I'll take off from DUB on Easter Monday...
Oh ye of little faith :P Assuming that means you're staying the night of 8th April then I just checked and they've still got rooms at €43 (~£36) Sale ends 31/1/12 though, so book soon!
Quote: Damn, I'll be flying SQ on SIN-BKK...I assume I can use the SQ lounge in SIN or BKKthen? Is it any good?
You'll definitely be able to use the SQ lounge (assuming there's no LX one there which I doubt) don't know what they're like though.
Quote: Hello,

First of all apologies if I am not posting in the correct forum or if I don't use the proper lingo, but I'm a newbie here

I have taken a month off this April to travel to Asia, and I am planning on becoming A3 Gold in the process (currently 1250 miles only).

I have done a little bit of search using the different engines provided in the MR forum, and I fell upon this routing:
LHR-NRT-SIN-KUL-BKK-KHG-LHR in Y for around 2500GBP (combination of different *A airlines)

I have a few questions:
1) How to know which class of service matches each fare? (e.g. if booked through SQ website I only have the ITA fare, but not the class of service it belongs to)
2) Any ideas on how to maximize the routing, and eventually diminish the cost of it?(e.g. maybe a LHR-FRA-NRT instead of LHR-NRT)

Thanks in advance for your help!
PapyPiHi
Why not use a TA for a complicated routing?
Quote: Why not use a TA for a complicated routing?
Well, It crossed my mind but I figured out it would be better for me to try for myself first This way I can familiarise myself with the different search tools

Quote:
Oh ye of little faith :P Assuming that means you're staying the night of 8th April then I just checked and they've still got rooms at €43 (~£36) Sale ends 31/1/12 though, so book soon!
Thanks alanjrobertson, I'll definitely have a look!I've never been to the Hilton before but at that price it is a hell of a bargain! ^
MXP-ZRH-GVA-Moscow (whatever code they've)-GVA-ZRH-MXP can be booked for 290€ - taking just under 24 hours, getting you a bit over 6000 miles afaik (approx 4000 for GVA-Moscow, and 1000 for the other legs each) - 12000 miles for R/T.. you need 2 R/Ts, on where the second return one can be on cheaper Eco class (You'll have over 18.000 miles from it already) - so it will cost you approx. 500€ to hit *G - taking 2 days (out of MXP)