Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Do I earn status nights if I partially pay with points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:50 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat

I did a cursory check, however apologies if there is another thread that addresses this question.

I would really like two nights at the new Sofitel Darling Harbour which opens in November. Bookings have just opened and I have found a non-refundable A+ MEMBERS ADVANCE SAVER of $695 for a weekend in December: Superior room with two double beds, no breakfast, no frills.

This would suit me perfectly if not for the price as I am Plat so we will hopefully breakfast in the Exe Lounge and get a upgrade to a harbour view.

I am hoping to use 16k points to lower it to a more reasonable price ($236):

1. As I will be chasing 60 status nights, can anyone tell me if i take this rate and lower the price with points, will I still receive two status nights and status points for the eligible spend?

2. Do you think a soft opening special will be provided offering a cheaper price closer to opening date?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
For status nights:
Any stay booked through the accor website seems to work (except possibly the free night vouchers). To earn points on a cash+points stay you will need to spend at least 10-15€ per night, so the value that you put below will be fine!
If you use more points and pay less than the 10-15€ per night required to earn points, the recent experience shows that you will earn qualifying nights but no points (happened to me and a few people on here).

Regarding soft-opening rates, I have no experience is this area.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:17 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Also beware some soft openings may not have the lounge ready at first for customers.

This happened to a few people before. Latest example was the new sofitel in shanghai (hongqiao) late last year. It was about 1 month after it had a soft opening that the lounge started to be in operation.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tris06
Also beware some soft openings may not have the lounge ready at first for customers.
Indeed. Very frequent.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:12 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
Thanks for all the tips, I think I will wait until the end of May to see if there is another 50% Worldwide Sale, and if there is, see what is on offer then.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: HHonnors diamond
points and cash.

hello all.

if i understand well. if i book 10 nights in an ibis hotel and use cash and points.
my folio bill will be about 120euros left to pay. average is 12 euros a night.
question :will i be credited 10 nights towards my platinum status with no points added to my account ?. most important is i get the 10 nights credited.
sound right?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 3:35 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
My understanding is the same as yours: If you don't spend enough to earn points you will earn nights towards status only (a positive change from last year already, previously the stay wouldn't have appeared on your account statement after check-out).
It might me safer in any case to use 2000 fewer points and be sure to earn points from the stay, I would do that!
Old May 13, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
I just had a 3 night stay mostly paid with points. I received 99 base points back for the stay (+75 platinum bonus) - so just under 40 euros additional paid in cash. From this case, it would seem that Accor IT will credit points back when the part paid in cash is over 10 euros a night.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:07 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have had a stay with nights credit but zero status or rewards points

20/02/2017Sofitel Brisbane Central 1 0 0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.