Wiki Posts
Search

Mercure Hotel Schiphol Terminal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM
Mercure Hotel Schiphol Terminal

On the Schiphol website (https://www.schiphol.nl/en/at-schiph...er-at-schiphol) it says that one can use this hotel to shower for 19.50. Is it possible to do this on arrival prior to going through customs or are they going to deny me entry as I am an arriving passenger?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by N104UA
On the Schiphol website (https://www.schiphol.nl/en/at-schiph...er-at-schiphol) it says that one can use this hotel to shower for 19.50. Is it possible to do this on arrival prior to going through customs or are they going to deny me entry as I am an arriving passenger?
If this is the Mercure hotel on the non-Schengen-side and its shower operation is still working like it did when I last had to pay for a shower there — going on over 10 years ago at least — then it could work for at least some arriving passengers. Don’t recall if they wanted to see an onward or arriving same day boarding pass, but I think they may have as I remember they had some kind of thing they were using to write down some information.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 8, 2021 at 8:44 pm
Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If this is the Mercure hotel on the non-Schengen-side and its shower operation is still working like it did when I last had to pay for a shower there — going on over 10 years ago at least — then it could work for at least some arriving passengers. Don’t recall if they wanted to see an onward or arriving same day boarding pass, but I think they may have as I remember they had some kind of thing they were using to write down some information.
Good to know I have a non-Schengen arrival, going to try it out without an onward BP before going through customs, as there is nowhere to get a shower at the airport after customs
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Good to know I have a non-Schengen arrival, going to try it out without an onward BP before going through customs, as there is nowhere to get a shower at the airport after customs
Perhaps not as convenient, but the Sheraton at AMS may provide shower access, probably for a more costly fee if they are doing it still/again. It can be walked to after clearing customs and getting landside at AMS.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Can you actually collect points for that, if you show your card, even though you're not staying at the hotel? Come to think of it, I don't even have a card these days, so I'd have to show them my account on the phone or print something out.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
At EUR 20, I would seriously consider paying for entry to the Crown Lounge...
DutchFlyer80 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JTCz
At EUR 20, I would seriously consider paying for entry to the Crown Lounge...
I did not know that was an option. Do both currently have showers open? Can you pay at the door or do you have to pre-pay? I have also heard that shower waits and be a few hours long, any recent experience with this?

I also read that access is closer to 50€ is 20€ a COVID discount?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Both should have showers open, and currently the non-Schengen lounge should be borderline deserted given the COVID restrictions on travelling. There is a small footnote in the lounge.klm.com page stating you can pay by the door not being an FB member or flying SkyTeam.

EUR 50 is the price that I know, I just believe this is better value given all the extra amenities at the lounge, but maybe it's just me.

I'd contact KLM via any social media for specific updates - in my experience, they indeed do reply within an hour.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Both should have showers open, and currently the non-Schengen lounge should be borderline deserted given the COVID restrictions on travelling. There is a small footnote in the lounge.klm.com page stating you can pay by the door not being an FB member or flying SkyTeam.

EUR 50 is the price that I know, I just believe this is better value given all the extra amenities at the lounge, but maybe it's just me.

I'd contact KLM via any social media for specific updates - in my experience, they indeed do reply within an hour.
This is good to know and I will keep it in mind but I think I will take the Mercure if I can get a shower room as that is all I am looking for (only would be a 90 min connection non-Schengen to Schengen) and I read it is 20€.
JTCz likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:28 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

This is good to know and I will keep it in mind but I think I will take the Mercure if I can get a shower room as that is all I am looking for (only would be a 90 min connection non-Schengen to Schengen) and I read it is 20€.
Unless you really want to impress your fellow travellers on the Schengen leg, consider taking a shower on your Schengen arrival. Given the COVID procedures, 90 minutes might be quite tight - if this is KLM, they will probably make sure you're on board, but just as well might bump you onto the next connecting flight should you go AWOL.

What is your final destination in Europe?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Unless you really want to impress your fellow travellers on the Schengen leg, consider taking a shower on your Schengen arrival. Given the COVID procedures, 90 minutes might be quite tight - if this is KLM, they will probably make sure you're on board, but just as well might bump you onto the next connecting flight should you go AWOL.

What is your final destination in Europe?
Headed to FRA. I know there is a PP lounge post security but not sure if they have showers open as the Germans have been more strict than the Dutch recently
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Email them, or consider using the showers at Terminal 1:

https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en...s/showers.html (apparently, they are under "leisure activities", so you might catch a bit of fun if that's up your street)

I believe all of the publicly available lounges have showers, and if you happen to be *A Gold or higher, LH lounges are hard to fault. That said, non-*A lounges should be even more deserted than the non-Schengen Crown Lounge at FRA.

Also, are you staying in Frankfurt? If so, check if your hotel will extend an early check-in to you. Many hotels operate now on a 50%-capacity basis, meaning your room will be cleaned and disinfected a long time before your arrival and you should get an early check-in at ease.
N104UA likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:47 am

Is there any way to book a room (not just a shower) online? The Accor website always shows an error. Reservation by phone is possible but inconvenient (I like to try out a lot of dates, to see the prices etc). Is any website selling rooms in this hotel?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
What error do you get on accor.com? I got to the confirmation page without issue but didn't press confirm.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by typical
What error do you get on accor.com? I got to the confirmation page without issue but didn't press confirm.
It says "not available on selected dates" regardless of the date I select. The availability calendar is empty.

We are talking about "Mercure Hotel Schiphol Terminal", correct? Which dates did you try?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.