Wiki Posts
Search

China pricing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

China pricing

I have a longish trip to China this summer where I'll be staying in several Accor hotels. I booked a few of them about six weeks ago when Accor had their Asia sale, which offered sizable discounts throughout China. That sale did not include Sofitels, but today I saw that the Suzhou Sofitel was down to $69 on their prepaid rate (more than $50 cheaper than the last time I looked), so I booked it.

There's at least one more Accor I want to stay at that I haven't yet booked: the Songtsam Retreat in Shangri-la, Yunnan. I'm inclined to hold out for another Asia sale (unless I get lucky like the Sofitel and the rate just mysteriously decreases). Is there any rhyme or reason when Accor has sales? Am I likely to get another one before summer?

Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
I think it can still go lower. In big cities like Shenzhen, 5-star Accors go to as low as CNY450 (66USD).
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
I think it can still go lower. In big cities like Shenzhen, 5-star Accors go to as low as CNY450 (66USD).
I actually saw the Suzhou Sofitel for $65 last fall so, yes, it can go a bit lower. But, in that case, I'd rather lock in $69 than be looking at $125.

Accor seems to discount a bit more than their American-managed counterparts.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: PC Plat Am, Accor GOLD, Hilton Gold
dont remember Accor having another summer sale. They will have winter one close to Oct. However, Accor does seem to have country specific sale but I dont find the rates as good as the summer sale one. But then again, I dont monitor the Sofitel rates so you might get lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.