Wiki Posts
Search

Room cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Room cancelled

My colleaque had booked our group several rooms at Ibis, one each.

It was busy and when I checked in, they told me they are fully booked. My room was cancelled. They said they had contacted me to verify I am arriving, I said nobody ever contacted me. It appeared there had been an Accor member (I have no membership) with different address but the same name as me, whom the hotel had seemingly linked the reservation done by my colleaque. That dude had told the hotel he doesn't have a reservation under his name, hence the hotel had cancelled the room.
The receptionist offered a solution to put me in my colleaques room, since they were fully booked. Okay, I did not pay a room bill, but I would have preferred my own room and my colleaque had to put up with my snoring
I was not in a mood of making a scandal of it, I accepted the solution. Should I care the effort to ask for compensation? I have no experience with Ibis who they might respond.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
There will be no remedy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.