Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Why isn't the price on accor.com specific to the dates entered in a search?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Or, alternately, is accor.com trying for a bait-and-switch pricing scheme?

Apparently the initial search results on the Accor.com site do not reflect the actual room rates for the nights you are searching:

Click through and this is the lowest available rate:

What gives?

The best answer I could get from Accor was that the initial search is for the full month, not any specific dates, despite specific dates being listed in the search box. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me and left me as a quite unhappy potential customer.

Is it just me? Or is this typical of their site?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:40 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Very good question, I noticed this as well on occasion.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
This is quite common. I emailed Accor May 2010 (last year) and asked them the same question but they never reply me. So I emailed my Advantage Plus Rep. and was replied with the same answers, ie the rates shown are for the month and as specified to the dates I had keyed in

But I believe this could be due to a technical glitch

Happy
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:25 am

whenever i search with specific dates i get a specific rate. if i search location based only, i get the lowest available price within a 7 or 30 day period which i actually quite like as this allows me to see if the rate is a good one or not...

in your particular example it looks like the BAR rate is not even displayed, so that may also play a role...
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:07 pm

I think that on the first screen they show you the lowest nightly rate over the chosen period. On the second screen you get an average price over all nights.

In your case one night is probably a lot cheaper than the other night, that's why you get this result.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koby
I think that on the first screen they show you the lowest nightly rate over the chosen period. On the second screen you get an average price over all nights.

In your case one night is probably a lot cheaper than the other night, that's why you get this result.
My "chosen period" was the two night stay I was looking for. The "average rate" shown there was not applicable at all to either of the two nights I was searching for.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
My "chosen period" was the two night stay I was looking for. The "average rate" shown there was not applicable at all to either of the two nights I was searching for.
There goes my theory...

Anyway, have you checked the price for the dates from your screenshot again? I get lower prices than what you got.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
I noticed that this week also, the Price from not being the same as the Book now price.

After some fiddling, I realized the + sign indicated the rates available and that the price I saw second page was for all the nights, and not per night.

The lower price was a no-cancellation price and had a bunch of differences from what I selected (bed size...)

If you do book through Accor, remember to link via ebates for the 5% rebate!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.