Search

How else to use NW miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 1998, 4:58 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
How else to use NW miles

Help... I have 35,000 expiring NW miles this December. Aside from flights or upgrades on NW, how else can I use them? Any suggestions?
Old Aug 21, 1998, 10:22 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Northwest is partners with KLM and Alaska Airlines. I am not sure about KLM but Alaska would not be affected by a strike. IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that your ability to make a reservation expires on 12/31. You can reserve flights up to 330 days beyond the expiration date of your mileage.

If you are thinking about options other than flying, you really don't have any that I know about.
Old Aug 21, 1998, 12:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
You could always sell the miles. www.smartflier.com has a link to a broker who will quote you a price for your miles. I have no idea how reputable they are or what kind of a price you might fetch, but it may be worth checking out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.